Tilled dirt stomped?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by LRFLEW, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LRFLEW

In SMP, if you walk on a patch of tilled dirt, it will de-till, even if you are sneaking. I'm experimenting with getting bukkit to control de-tilling, but I'm running into dead ends.

Does anybody know if tilled dirt has stomping damage, or if it's just random when it happens? Does any current listeners get called when dirt is stomped/de-tilled? I am lost :p

2. Offline

Edward Hand

From what I can see there is a constant 1/4 chance of de-tilling upon being stepped on and there's no way I can see to override or alter that.

I can't see any events being triggered either.
    Sorry.

3. Offline

LRFLEW

I'm having trouble verifying, but it seems onBlockPhysics() may be called when farmland de-tills. Can anybody else verify this?

4. Offline

darknesschaos

if mr hand says no, its almost official. sorry.

5. Offline

Afforess

Couldn't you check when a block changes, and change it back if the player on the tile is sneaking? It would give the illusion anyway.

6. Offline

LRFLEW

I've been trying to follow when onBlockPhysics is called, but it is called alot :p. I have been checking to see the block type and "it's cause", and it gets weird. Alot of Stone by Redstone Ore. I can't see stomping though, so Hand may be right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.