Throwing an enderpearl

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ThatGuyWhoDied13, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Guys, I was wondering how to throw an enderpearl when I right click on a diamond it shoots an enderpearl, but I can't figure out how to.
    any help??

2. Offline

NinjaWAffles

Listen for an onPlayerInteract event. Check if he right clicked, then if he's holding a diamond, then use the 'LivingEntity.launchProjectile' to launch an enderpearl.

Something like this should do:
    Code:Java
    1. @EventHandler
    2. public void onPlayerInteract(PlayerInteractEvent e)
    3. {
    4. Player player = e.getPlayer();
    6. if(e.getAction() == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_AIR || e.getAction() == Action.RIGHT_CLICK_BLOCK)
    7. {
    8. if(player.getItemInHand().getType().equals(Material.DIAMOND))
    9. {
    10. player.launchProjectile(EnderPearl.class);
    11. }
    12. }
    13. }

GrandmaJam likes this.
  3. NinjaWAffles Thanks. also how would I make it so when the enderpearl hits the ground it teleports the player to a certain location

4. Offline

NinjaWAffles

Whenever the enderpearl hits the ground, it'll teleport the player automatically. No need for extra code.

5. sorry Ii messed up my words. how would I make it so when the player's enderpearl hits something it doesnt tp them and if it hits another player it tps them back to a location

I'm working on a minigame

6. Offline

Nibbur

probably with Eventhandler when a enderpearl hits the ground: event.setCancelled(true);

7. Nibbur thanks that works. now teleporting the other player back to the spawnpoint

8. Offline

Nibbur

so you mean when the pearl hits a player, it should teleport the hit player to the spawnpoint?

9. Nibbur I'm making a paintball type plugin and I want it so when a player is hit by an enderpearl(paintball) they will get teleported back to that teams spawn point and the other team will gain a point

10. Offline

NinjaWAffles

To stop players being teleported by ender pearls, listen in on the PlayerTeleportEvent.
    1. public void onPlayerTeleport(PlayerTeleportEvent e)
    2. {
    3. if(e.getCause().equals(TeleportCause.ENDER_PEARL))
    4. {
    5. e.setCancelled(true);
    6. }
    7. }

In order to see if a player got hit by an enderpearl, you'll listen in on EntityDamageByEntityEvent, and make sure the entity is a player and the damager is an enderpearl.
    1. public void onEntityDamageByEntity(EntityDamageByEntityEvent e)
    2. {
    3. if(e.getEntity() instanceof Player && e.getDamager() instanceof EnderPearl)
    4. {
    5. //Do WHATEVER
    6. }
    7. }

11. NinjaWAffles thanks, this works. Would the snowball be
    Code:java
    1. if(e.getEntity() instanceof Player && e.getDamager() instanceof SnowBall)

12. Offline

NinjaWAffles

Indeed, it would.

13. Offline

xTrollxDudex

KevyPorter
    Isn't the B in SnowBall supposed to be lowercase tho?

14. Offline

bars96

How to make mob throw enderpearl to player? I create explode when enderpearl hit ground but how to make mob explode player by enderpearl? Thx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.