*The Tunneler* Request.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by chernobyl360, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Offline

chernobyl360

Lol Ok I have an completly OUTRAGEOUS request.

well im sitting here bored and then it came to me, If it was possible to turn minecarts into tunneler machines.....

/idea rant start

Ok you build a minecart, put down 2 tracks for it to be on. THEN you get in the minecart. type in /bore and when you use Minecart mania you can use w for forward and s for back but when you type in /bore and push W you can start driving the minecart and while you move forward tracks get layed down and the cart also tunnels through the earth.

MAYBE! you can have /bore incline1 for flat tunneling
    /Bore incline2 for it do dig down on a angle. with it laying down minecart tracks...
    /bore incline3 for going up on an angle while it lays down tracks....
    /Bore incline4 for Straight Down , But it will only go down if your pushing W. then when you stop pushing W it will lay down a Track and then you type /bore end to stop the incline3 and then type /bore incline 1 or 2 to begin flat tunneling or inclined. repeat with /bore end to STOP.

ANOTHER IDEA! OK here... How about making the minecarts attach with string from spiders. then you can have have 4 conjoined carts.

SO!
    Minecart1= driver
    Minecart2= *Pusher* Being a furnace to give the *driver* more Power to push. Maybe for Goin UP Hill.....
    Minecart3= Storage
    Minecart4=Storage
    Maybe This
    Minecart1= Driver
    Minecart2,3,4=storage
    EVEN This!
    Minecart1=Driver
    Minecart2,3,4= Passengers???

So Watcha Think?!?!?!?

/idea rant end

2. Offline

fullwall

Very interesting :p. I don't think joined minecarts is possible... but, could you explain the tunneling more for me? So, I travel forward into a dirt block, and it therefore removes the dirt block and tunnels downward by placing a sloped incline downwards? I will look into this, but I have a LOT of work to do, so unfortunately it may take some time...

3. Offline

chernobyl360

well with the tunneling. you would just drive the minecart forward into dirt/rock/ etc. and it would create a 2 block high tunnel. *2x1*

But there would be 3 ways for it to dig
    up- inclined, places tracks. digs 2 high 1 block wide.
    flat-places tracks. digs 2 high 1 block wide.
    down-same as up. places tracks going down. 2 high 1 wide block.
    while it digs it places the minecart track in front of it so i wouldnt have to get off and put them down manually..

it would be basically like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTN8DhAjvYY

4. Offline

fullwall

It does sound like a very, very good idea, but unfortunately I lack the time to do it, and have to work on my other plugins... :(. I'm sure another developer would love to pick up on it though. Perhaps afforess?

5. Offline

chernobyl360

ok yep i understand. ill try and get in contact with afforess. Thanks For Taking your time to look at this :D

6. Offline

fullwall

That's OK! Hope this awesome idea is capitalised on :p. Tunneling downwards on a minecart would be epic :D.

7. Offline

chernobyl360

lol seriously?

8. Offline

fullwall

Yep. I'm sick of digging down endlessly. Minecart tunneling would make mining tunnels completely automated :). I could just tunnel down to bedrock while having fun (going fast on minecart) and then make a long tunnel which I could mine out for materials. Easy, and cool!

9. Offline

Afforess

You can't use key-commands to move the minecart, there's no way to detect them. However, tapping the minecart to start, and tapping again to stop would work fine, just like autocart works now.

I'd want to work out all the details to a mining minecart before I even think about coding it though.

First, is there a cost to mining? If not, it becomes a pretty cheap and pointless endeavor, and you might as well just give yourself diamonds.

Second, does the blocks in the way of your minecart get lost, or dropped like normal?

Third, the rail (and torches) for your mineshaft, should they come out of your inventory?

And Fourth, is there a way this could be automated so that players need not be involved? A mining minecart is cool, but an automated mining minecart is cooler. You could leave for 10 minutes, come back and grab your reward.

The second request isn't an original idea, minecart trains have been requested many times. There is someone else already working on it.

10. Offline

fullwall

Automated mining cart = chest cart? Stops when chest is full, then comes back?

11. Offline

chernobyl360

wow that sounds awesome!

12. Offline

PrivateAlpha

I second the automated minecart..
    my idea: hook the minecarts into craftbook << auto dump feature
    it dumps into a double chest
    items get sorted using craftbook sorters
    gets fed to an AutoReloader furnace for smelting...
    then it gets fed to ***My secret up and coming plugin***!

insanity in the making xD the possibilities are endless

13. Offline

chernobyl360

lol hell yea. so many ideas but not enough time to create them :p