The New Event System

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by NinjaWAffles, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NinjaWAffles

Hey guys,
    I am new to coding Java and most importantly coding Bukkit plugins. I am trying to get help with the new Event System incorporated in CraftBukkit (whatever version we are on). I read the Tutorial on the main Bukkit Wiki, so do not reference me back to that page. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and in this case, for a newbie, a video is worth a million. All I am asking is if there is anyone who has seen a video that uses the new Event System or someone that makes videos and could make a video over the new Event System. I understand the old System much more than I do the new System and because I am a newbie, the new one is harder to grasp even though it is most likely easier.

Thank you!
    ~Ninjawaffles

2. Offline

nisovin

Honestly, I don't see how a video would be any more helpful than just looking at a few examples, and then trying it out for yourself. The only thing you really have to do is add the @EventHandler annotation to the method. It's not hard.

3. Offline

NinjaWAffles

Thanks for the comment. In the time of waiting for a response I have gathered a couple of Plugin Sources and have looked, you are right, it isn't hard. Thank you! I will look more in-depth in it as I start on my first plugin. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.