The Great Plugin Debate

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Lildirt, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lildirt

Greetings everyone.
    Lately, I've been wanting to try new things. I'm currently in the process of switching from Essentials to CommandBook, but I'm lacking a few plugins.
    I've added a mailing plugin, SupplySign, uHome, and 1 or 2 more that I don't remember off the top of my head.
    I was wondering, should I stick to Essentials (with it's on-going list of conflictions), or should I use CommandBook?

Also, I'm currently using Lockette and was debating. LWC or Lockette? I can't make up my mind.

Does anyone have any personal opinions on either of these plugins, and which ones I should use?

2. Offline

Kaikz

CommandBook. It has homes built-in btw.

3. I would go for LWC, user don't need loads of signs and also there is a Lockette bypass going around.

4. Offline

Nathan C

Lockette is dead or at least last I knew, it was.

Use Deadbolt, it is the updated version of Lockette and is still updated.

md_5 likes this.
  5. Offline

MrRedLogan

Lockette is so much more Lightweight than LWC and needs no database! Also people new to servers dont need to know over 1000 commands just to lock a chest. Lockette you just place a sign on the chest and the rest is automated! Go with Lockette!

6. Offline

dxwarlock

LWC doesnt need MySQL either, or any database setup..drop jar and go.. and no one needs to know any commands to make private chests...
    They place it, its locked, they don't even need to type anything :)

And '1000' commands? if they want to add someone its /cmodify
    I fail to see how that needs 999 other commands to do.

For my users, LWC was WAY easier to use than lockette, they hated lockette when it came to adding groups or users to the chest and it was a lot of people to add, not to mention having to place signs, make room for signs..etc.

Now with LWC they don't even notice a locking plugin is in place 99% of the time since its automatic.

iKeirNez and ks07 like this.
  7. Offline

Lildirt

Aware of this, but I wanted to give MULTIPLE homes to users, and CommandBook was just too shifty for homes to my liking.

I suppose you have a point, but honestly, having 27 people on a chest is a lot on my server. :p

It's well alive, I can say that now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  8. Offline

MrRedLogan

Lockette is way alive! Alot of people think alot of plugins are dead and or dying but in reality they have just moved to BukkitDev

9. Offline

chaseoes

I prefer LWC simply because I think the signs on chests look ugly.

10. Same here, also because there is a hack that allows users to bypass chest protections.

11. Offline

Deathfromace

Is it a PVP server? If so I say don't have chest locking or what's the point of even playing. I've seen some pvp servers with chest locking and it's pointless >.>

12. Offline

Mukrakiish

Lots of people usually refer to LWC vs Lockette, but about Chestlock? Its essentially a command'less LWC no? Just curious on opinions since were debating anyway...

13. Offline

JohnTheRipper

Well, hardcore PvP servers with chest locking don't make any sense, but if you're trying to offer a lightweight pure pvp solution then chest lock makes sense (it also makes people focus more on killing players then xraying bases to raid).

14. Offline

SupremeSurvival

Does anybody know of any plugins that would allow my server economy to get going? I am already using iConomy 6 and I have ChestShop and Lottery. But perhaps something like jobs? The plugin would have to be light-wight/simple (I don't like plugins that make the chat look messy ie: factions)

15. Offline

md_5

Yay for free advertising!

MrRedLogan likes this.
  16. Offline

MrRedLogan

Ive actually never heard of Deadbolt =|

17. Offline

Hidendra

Lockette/Deadbolt
    You don't want commands, instead a more visual way of viewing protections. Potentially easier for users to use as it is visual. Not having a database is an empty and baseless argument.

LWC
    Automatic locking by default (e.g magic ponies). You prefer commands, some view signs on chests as an eyesore, or being able to potentially do more (e.g limits, LWC knows where all protections are, Lockette does not, etc)

As one can see, they serve two different kinds of people :) So when choosing a lock plugin, you need to decide (with your users) how you want blocks to be locked.

18. Offline

cnaude

On my server I use LWC, Deadbolt and Residence for protection. The players then have a choice how they want to protect their stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.