The Compatibility Thread

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Londogne, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Londogne

I thought I'd open a general thread about plugin intercompatibility, seeing as I'm probably not the only one who's ever going to ask a question about this.

Anyway, a friend of mine has recently created a server and made me an Op, then gave me the task of creating a list of plugins he should install. I know it's quite a long list, but at the end of the day we want to spend as little time as possible developing the world (with the server being inaccessible to the public) and offer as much functionality to the users as possible.

This is what I've come up with:

WorldEdit
    CraftBook
    Permissions
    DefaultCommands
    LazyRoad
    Lockette
    iConomy
    KitPlugin
    Tombstone
    Citizens
    SimpleSignEdit
    Portable Torches
    Essentials
    ItemCraft
    CustomBlockRestriction
    WorldGuard
    Superpowers
    OwnBlocks

A lot of these plugins do similar things, while not the same thing (eg Superpowers, Essentials and DefaultCommands), so does anyone know whether there'll be any compatibility issues and how hard they will be to fix?

And can this large amount of plugins affect the server in a strongly detrimental way?

Thanks in advance,

Londogne

2. Offline

Maestroshnitzel

The small server my friend and I have has that many, if not more, plugins, and is not affected in any way that I know of. As far as I know, the only way incompatibilities could pop up, is if two plugins share the same command. I'm not sure how many plugins have this, but I know Essentials has an area in the config file where you can specify what commands Essentials overrides if there is more than one with the same name.

3. Offline

Londogne

Thanks, we've put it into practice in the meantime and there are only very few compatibility issues which should be fixable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.