The Bukkit Consulting Firm - Solving all your Bukkit-related challenges!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M1sT3rM4n, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Riddle

Imminent Fate's auto installer version 8.1 (newest)
    the one with the ' Pail Server Manager '

2. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Run a new Bukkit server (create a new folder and host one) and see if you can connect to it using localhost, then try to get one of your friends to join.

As far as donations go, you can donate to my Paypal at [email protected] if you wish!

Cirno likes this.
  3. Offline

martinuv

I would like to know what the purpose of bukkitcraft is and if it allows a 24/7 server.

4. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Cirno likes this.
  5. Offline

martinuv

What is the purpose of bukkitcraft and can I keep a server up 24/7?

6. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Cirno likes this.
  7. Offline

martinuv

I understand thank you. So it isn't really server hosting? Is it? Are there any free server hosters out there?

8. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Yes it is :).

As far as server hosting go, you can either host it yourself, or get a sponsorship with one of the larger hosts (DaddyCheese, PigSaddle, RedstoneHost) or pay for their services on their websites respectively.

If you want relatively cheap plans that still perform well, I would recommend you use http://redstonehost.com

Cirno likes this.
  9. Offline

martinuv

Thanks so much. That's all for now.

10. Offline

Riddle

I started a server using some default hoster and the result is the same. I can join with localhost but not with the IP...

I forgot to tell you that before the defragmentation i have deleted a pretty big number of unused programs. Is there any chance that i could have deleted something important?

11. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Open command prompt, type ipconfig then paste the entire info structure by taking screenshots, then showme.

Cirno likes this.
  12. Offline

andrewkm

13. Offline

Boman5

I have the latest update of that texture pack. Already did a forced update, also reinstalled the game.
    The default texturepack works, but not the one I wanna use and have used for a while.

14. Offline

tyzoid

@Riddle
    Does the problem still occur if you try the vanilla server?

@Boman5
    Thats very odd. Do you have a client side mod or something?

@Boman5
    Also contact the creator of the texturepack.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  15. Offline

Simanova

16. Offline

Boman5

I did use Zombemod, but since I reinstalled MC it was removed but it didn't make any diffrence.

I had Mapatti to join my server and use the same texture pack but he had no problems with it. (we downloaded the new version at the same time)

17. Offline

tyzoid

@Simanova
    It's working for me.
    See if it will work under a proxy...

@Boman5
    Idk what the problem is. Does it happen on single player with the same block?

18. Offline

Mapatti

19. Offline

Riddle

Yes, as I have stated above, when i tried to start a non-bukkit server hoster the problem remains the same
    here comes THE TWIST. When i type ipconfig in the run and press enter the console appears for half a second and then disappears. When i time something else in the command prompt like 'cmd' everything is fine?

Any Suggestions?

Now I am thinking about downloading win7 xD

20. Offline

tyzoid

@Riddle
    Open notepad, then type this in:
    Code:
    @echo off
    ipconfig
    pause

Save that to ipconf.bat, then double click on it.

Also, if you can PM me the IP, I can try to test it.

Riddle likes this.
  21. Offline

Riddle

Hmm that was nice :--) Here is the content:
    Code:
    Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Hamachi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
            IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 5.234.121.234
            Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
            Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
            IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.101
            Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
            Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Press any key to continue . . .
    I'm sending you the IP..

22. Offline

tyzoid

@Riddle
    It looks like you use hamachi. Try it without hamachi and port forward instead.
    And I can't connect to your server. It just hangs at "Connecting to server..."

Yea. It looks as though it's not port forwarded correctly.

M1sT3rM4n likes this.
  23. Offline

Riddle

I am not using Hamachi, nor any other platform :/ Should I reinstall everything and try again?

24. Offline

tyzoid

@Riddle
    Check your port forwarding settings.

M1sT3rM4n likes this.
  25. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

First, remove Hamachi and port forward :).

26. Offline

Riddle

Guys I have portforwarded a long time ago and rechecked it again today. Do you think deleting the forwarded port and forwarding it again would work?

Two things are for sure I will not host using hamachi or a payed server hoster!

For the next couple of hours i will be installing Windows 7, so consider this question done. Thank you anyway.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

27. Offline

tyzoid

@Riddle
    It said your port wasn't forwarded. I still think it has something to do with the firewall on you computer.

28. I have a problem with new permission system.

I had my old server with Perm 3.x, lots of Plugins and players/permissions, have few isolated worlds with different permissions.

Now i'm forced to use SuperPerms and have problem with every plugin, for example.

CraftBukkit + mcMMO (without any other plugin)

My question, how to disable every perm from mcMMO and be allow to enable on certain world only few perms.
    And have a guaranty than when i update mcMMO to newer version people will not have from nowhere new abilities/permissions, for example, i update plugin and from nowhere people start to fly because plugin author write new ability.

29. Offline

tyzoid

@kolorafa
    Use PermissionsEx
    It supports the old permissions 2.x and 3.x formats as well as SuperPerms.

30. Thx, i tested before PEx but when typed 'p2compat' i get 'unknown backend'
    but i will test it again :)

O ! i rememberd why i didn't like PermissionsBukkit and PermissionEx.
    Single group.

I'm using Residence Plugin, and with PEX (maybe i'm wrong) i cannot set for example user X group Y on world, and group Z on world2.

So i cannot setup that someone can create residence on one, but cannot on another because residence base only on group name.

Wrong, you can assign group based on worlds :)
    But somehow Residences don't reads any group name from PEX :( requested a bug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.