The Bukkit Consulting Firm - Solving all your Bukkit-related challenges!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M1sT3rM4n, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

billofbong

Ooh, 8 moar posts To get to 100! I know that seems newbish, but I never used to post :D

2. Offline

Amphase

Thanks it worked again! Only thing is it just shows up the opped people colored, know how I can add a color to a Group like Moderator? Because Moderators won't be opped.
    Here's the config file:
    Code:
    pplconfig: true
    options:
      usePEXPrefix: false
      useColourOnly: false
    prefixgroups:
      general:
        default: ''
        op: '&c'
        creative: '&c'
        survival: ''
      custom:

And here's the file for kits
    Code:
    #
    # This is the default kit file for CommandBook.
    #
    # Each kit requires the commandbook.kit.[name] permission, such as:
    # commandbook.kit.starter (as seen below).
    #
    # The name of the items are names that you can use with the /item command,
    # so you can do step:wood if you want. If you want to specify an amount, enter
    # the number after a comma, like "wood,64".
    #
    # If you put <name>=# for a kit, then you can choose a "cool down" period
    # in seconds. Players have to wait that amount of time before they can
    # use that particular kit.
    #
    [starter=86400]
    stonesword
    stonepick
    stoneaxe
    stoneshovel
    wood,16
    I have this as Kit and when I type /kit I get the Kit Starter + Rock, but not the Starter I've set... ?!

Oh and I'd have a random question... where would you buy a server? Like multiplay or redstone host, idk. Tell me from your experiences and from the prices. And other question, I live in switzerland, where should the server be located? Close to me? Because most players are from the USA or from Norway and idk if I should buy it there or as close as possible to me

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  3. Offline

hammale

I have very little first hand experience but i think @M1sT3rM4n uses Redstone hosting...i have used Multiplay UK b4 and it seems easy and cheap but i like to run my own servers :)

4. Offline

Amphase

Oh yeah I see, and what would you choose, European server or American server?
    Wait, I just saw there are just some European servers left... well, maybe you know where they are located? Like England?
    Edit2: Actually nvm, they aren't that good at all if you look what the customers say about them

Ohhhh finally! Found out the kit thing, I was using TheMonkeyPack kit plugin, that's why :/
    Well this problem is solved too, now it's just the Citizens Plugin problem where I have a NPC called Amphase and almost every time I log in the Server I spawn in front of his body and lose my inventory.
    The other problem is that I can't get the text of the staff members to be &b blue.
    And the question... where should I buy the server, what company and where should it be located?
    Sorry guys if I'm being boring :/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

billofbong

For the pplconfig thing, set usePEXprefix to true, and get rid of the &c after op and creative. This'll make it so they don't have red names.

It's probably because he's overwriting your player.dat. Your name is amphase too, right? Overwriting your player.dat means he's overwriting your inventory and location with his own. So the only thing you could do is try to go into you world directory, then into players, then delete amphase.dat, and see what happens.

6. Offline

Amphase

Well if I delete it it will just recreate itself when I log back in. And I can't for sure delete them every time :/

7. Offline

billofbong

Have you tried yet?

8. Offline

Amphase

That's actually not the result I want, all I want is that every person from the group Moderator, Admin and Owner, even if they aren't opped, get a &c red name. Idk if it's possible, or else i'll just use the &c name for the ops and people in creative

Yes

9. Offline

billofbong

Hm... Have you started a thread in bukkit help for this, because I don't know.
    Anyone else? Fyre?

10. Offline

Fyre

Issues with a chat plugin? If you're using PEX I recommend ChatManager, I've helped numerous people set it up, and the only problems they had were generic issues that I fixed consistently using the same method.

11. Offline

Wolf3141

Well now it doesn't work....is it
    Code:
    java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar 
    PAUSE
    ?

12. Offline

Fyre

It's this:
    Code:
    java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar Bukkit.jar
    PAUSE

13. Offline

Wolf3141

Perfect thanks. Hopefully it will make my server run smoother :)

14. Offline

Fyre

Note that for this to work your craftbukkit JAR file has to be named Bukkit.jar

15. Offline

Amphase

No we were actually talking about a Citizens Plugin problem, just check the posts before for more details.
    But yes, there's a chat problem too. I want the text that every staff member types &b gets, and till now I've just set everything in PEX and not in the ChatManager... Do I need to move it all?

16. Offline

Fyre

No, but if it's not working, it might be a problem in ChatManager and not in PEX. I don't know much about citizens so I can't help you there.

17. Offline

Deleted user

Event name for sprinting?

18. Offline

Fyre

I'd call PlayerMoveEvent and check player.isSprinting()

Deleted user likes this.
  19. Offline

hammale

hmm or maybe this?

20. Offline

Bazuka_Rulz

The Ip is 74.83.11.214 and i think its a firewall problem too cause i have portforwarded on my router {Linksys} and on the default control panel port forwarding also when i had looked in I didnt have java as a program through firewall but when i tried to put it through it still didnt work, but i think i did it wrong

21. Offline

Amphase

I've just enabled ChatManager as you asked me, I was able to do everything else easily in PEX except the blue text... I put the suffix '&b' but it just won't work... I guess another like &f (because the text is white) is overwriting the blue one, but I have no idea where. I've listed my plugins some posts ago, maybe HeroChat? But that would be strange

22. Offline

Wolf3141

Yea, I've already got this :). Out of curiosity do you know how much this will help?

23. Offline

Fyre

Post your PEX permissions.yml and your ChatManager config.yml

:confused: I swear that wasn't there a minute ago...

Depends on how much ram your pc has.

24. Offline

Wolf3141

8GB, I think the tweak only utilizes 4. If my knowledge serves me correctly, anything beyond 4 doesn't have a dramatic effect.

25. Offline

Fyre

Depends on how many plugins you're running and how many players you get on the server, there's a limit to how fast a server can perform, but it requires more RAM to run at that level if you increase the load on the server.

26. Offline

hammale

lol :D

27. Offline

tyzoid

I'm back.

Edit:
    Was wondering why I wasn't getting any alerts...

Edit2: Fyre
    Could you check out my chat plugin colors? It would be a bit easier support-wise to have users use a chat plugin developed by a member of the BCF.

Edit3: Fyre
    Welcome to the BCF!

28. Offline

hammale

29. Offline

Fyre

Thanks, and Colors doesn't support PEX, which is the most popular and most commonly used permissions plugin.

30. Offline

hammale

how does a chat color plugin "support" permissions plugins? alls its doing is looking for the color prefixes when a message is sent and replacing them with ChatColor.XXX rite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.