The Bukkit Consulting Firm - Solving all your Bukkit-related challenges!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M1sT3rM4n, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Wolf3141

Yea sorry I edited the post above. V2.1 of this mod http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/jail/

2. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

3. Offline

billofbong

4. Offline

Wolf3141

I'm not sure what MySQL is, so probably not. I was really confused since theres like 20 different tutorials that all lead me in different directions (when installing mods). Or maybe I'm just stupid, who knows.

As for Craftbukkit. My server is a bukkit server, or at least I downloaded the bukkit client and executed the .jar file once. When I'm playing on my server the /about command works fine, so I assume bukkit is working fine.

5. Offline

Fyre

6. Offline

Wolf3141

hmm..... /jailcreate jail doesn't work either.

7. Offline

billofbong

M1sT3rM4n What's your server IP? I want to join it!

8. Offline

Fyre

In what way did it not work? Did it say command unknown? Or did it give you an internal error.

9. Offline

Wolf3141

Command unknown, seems like the plugin never downloaded at all. I also have no customization file anywhere,

"Lightning fast" was not an understatement :)

10. Offline

Fyre

Does the plugin enable in your console? It should say something like:
    [Jail] Plugin Enabled!
    When you start up the server.

11. Offline

Wolf3141

Oh, I was looking for how to check that. Where in the console will it say its enabled?

I never got a craftbukkit starter file.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
  12. Offline

Fyre

Post updated, apparently not fast enough :confused:

13. Offline

Wolf3141

I'm using Minecraft_Server.exe and I don't get anything with the prefix [Jail]
    [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1
    [INFO] Loading properties
    [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.1.100.191:25565
    [INFO] Preparing level "Wolfs"
    [INFO] Default game type: 0
    [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0
    [INFO] Done (498425274ns)! For help, type "help" or "?"

14. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

survival.mmpr.org

Hmm sounds like you have a defective CB.jar.

15. Offline

Wolf3141

The CraftBucket.jar is called "craftbucket-1.1-R4" now I'm thinking thats the issue.

16. Offline

Fyre

Looks like you aren't starting the server up the right way. Instead of minecraft_server.exe, try the CraftBukkit Starter file.

17. Offline

Fyre

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2018
  18. Offline

Wolf3141

I believe I installed a .jar file and when I ran it the first time my comptuer generated some files on my server. The strange thing is the CMD never opened or anything else, it just loaded the files.

19. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Try this .bat file:

Code:
    java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar Bukkit.jar nogui
    PAUSE
    Create a .bat and place it in the same directory as CB.jar then change the Xmx and Xms to the amount of RAM you need.

20. Offline

Fyre

Download this. Drop it into the same directory where your craftbukkit JAR is. Also rename the craftbukkit JAR file to "craftbukkit.jar". Then run that file I uploaded.

Aww you beat me to it :oops:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  21. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I am also assuming he has JavaSDK installed already.

22. Offline

Wolf3141

I'm not really sure what you wanted me to do but I created a .bat file. Copy pasted what you put in the code, named it "run.bat", and ran it. Didn't do anything. I wasn't sure how much RAM i was supposed to put in, my computer holds 8gb.

Yea, I actually write some JAVA programs so I've got it installed :)

23. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

24. Offline

Fyre

Well personally I've tried that installer and the GUI is just...great, but I don't want to confuse Wolf, so I'll just step back a bit...

25. Offline

Wolf3141

I downloaded Fyre's start.bat and renamed my CB.jar to "Bukkit.jar" (without the quotes). Then I double clicked the starter and it didn't work.

26. Offline

Fyre

Well the starter I made looks for "craftbukkit.jar" not "Bukkit.jar".

27. Offline

Wolf3141

Yea, I tried that too. I'm kind of working on the installer, does it do anything "extra" in comparison to the regular .jar download?
    Well...as soon as I get past these confirmation codes that is...I'm so terrible at reading those.

28. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

If you want, we can set up a join.me session so I can help you remotely.

29. Offline

Fyre

It gives you the Pail GUI, you'll see what I mean if you use it, it's very cool.

I think I'll let M1sT3r handle this one, having two people is making this more difficult than it needs to be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  30. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Here's the remote-screen (very easy to use) https://join.me/

Assuming you're local-hosting. It sounds like your own internet provider's messing up if the connection simply crapped out one day. That or your IP changed (only if you restarted the router).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.