Solved That kit is improperly defined. please contact an administrator.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by cfrostyyyy, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cfrostyyyy

Ok so i have made my kits for my new server and all the kits work untill the boss rank kit when i test it and do /kit boss it says: 'That kit is improperly defined. please contact an administrator."

here is my essentials config:
    http://pastebin.com/YHBqKT8V

here is my group manager config:
    http://pastebin.com/NaLR5WXd

i repeat all the other kits work fine up untill this rank (boss rank)

My server is running on SPIGOT 1.8.0

thanks
    - cfrosty

2. Offline

Boomer

cant have spaces in the name or lore strings, use underscores

3. Offline

cfrostyyyy

i forgot to mention that the kit works for ops but not for the rank boss

also the other kits have the names with no under scores and they still work

sorry for my ignorance, i have added underscores instead of spaces but it doesnt seem to work, here is an updated version of the essentials.config

http://pastebin.com/Ymi6S6Va

thanks
    - cfrostyy

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2015
  4. Offline

Boomer

when the command is issued in the server by someone unable to use the kit, it will display an error reason in the console
    The nextmost common cause for what you describe - worked for ops but not anyone else - is due to having 'unsafe' /disallowed combinations/levels of enchantments on the items - ops get to override that limitation, regular permissions dont.

5. Offline

cfrostyyyy

okay but i cant possibly think what i need to change, i have already allowed unsafe enchantments. is there anything else that could maybe block permissions for non ops?

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

This may be silly, but does Member have access to essentials.kit? I noticed that Boss doesn't, but it inherits Member which might.

7. Offline

Boomer

you still ignored my instruction about checking the logged errors when someone makes a kit, someone who gets the message about "improperly defined kit" (as opposed to 'you dont have permission to use that command") meaning they can try to get the kit, but the kit has an error, and it will try to explain what the error is in the console /log while the error in the client is merely 'improper kit' message

8. Offline

cfrostyyyy

an interesting thought but no it does not resolve any issues, the member does have essentials.kit @oceantheskatr

@Boomer okay sorry i will do that now

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

@Boomer this may sound a little stupid, but i nothing happens on the console when i type in game /kit boss, (i am de-opped) i may be looking in the wrong place am i missing the right place?

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

@Boomer @oceantheskatr okay so after restarting my server many times it finally began to work... a bug maybe?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2016
  9. Offline

Boomer

most likely... also depends if you do /reload --- that often causes a lot of problems cause most plugins are not well coded enough to properly deal with that , or use a plugin -manager that shuts them off and on on a command..

10. Offline

oceantheskatr

@cfrostyyyy Many plugins will have built-in reload commands which do generally work, such as Essentials. If you change something in the Essentials config.yml then you can run the command essentials reload through console or in game. Though really it's always safer to restart your server if the plugin doesn't offer a reload command specifically for/from that plugin.

11. Offline

cfrostyyyy

@Boomer yeah i use /reload a lot rather then reloading each plug in seperatly but for some reason it just did not update so i was stuck there thinking everything i changed was still wrong xD

@oceantheskatr yeah i know bro i used /essentials reload and /manload just in case it was a gm problem but after all i just restarted the server (about 4 times) and it was giving me the kit as a non op so ... xD

thankyou both for your help though<3

12. Offline

Boomer

if a plugin has it own reload command, it is simply reloading the configuration file changes into memory. the /reload command works VERY differently on the server, mimicing a shutdown and restart, but most plugins dont actually mimic a shutdown correctly - its like erasing a blackboard expecting a clean start again, but somehow losing 1/3 of the surface area in the process. Do it again, youve got less than half the area...

As well, many plugins handle files differently - some will say "out of my way, file that you just edited" as they delete it and replace it with a copy of all the settings in -memory, thereby undoing all your edits, only loading the files during startup or its own plugin /reload. Ess reload and manload can be done infinitely over due to what they are doing, /reload no -- even a clean, empty server with no plugins, if you /reload over and over, it will crash after a dozen or so times - with particular plugins, much sooner than that.. and some plugins like PermissionsEx just dont take well to a single /reload without exploding everywhere

cfrostyyyy and lubbs31 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.