TextureBlocks

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by VexyTal, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

VexyTal

Plugin category: Mechanics

Suggested name: Texture Blocks

What I want: What I would like to see is simply the recreation of a project that started and was abandonded before released. It is the renewment of the plugin ServerBlocks(BukkitBlocks) http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/serverblocks/. To be able to create custom textured blocks by using a simple texture uploaded to an online source or direct file use to be able to have special textured blocks.

The main thing is to have a working development of this however possible additions would be to have multiple sided textures for uses of furnaces, chests, ect. As well to have the use of setting a made block to have a custom ID for use and operation with other plugins. To my knowledge there are no plugins that have this feature as well it is a simple design so I believe it will be possible to make.

Ideas for commands:
    tblock new NAME URL
    tblock set NAME ID
    tblock get NAME

Ideas for permissions:
    tblock.*
    tblock.interact

When I'd like it by: At Developers Convenience

2. @VexyTal Don't you think it's weird how that plugin had a video demonstrating that the plugin 'worked', yet never contributed a single file or line of source code to show it? I'll let you make of that what you will ;)

3. Offline

VexyTal

@AdamQpzm Not to be rude but I am quite aware that they were sort of full of it, however other attempts for that type of code have been made just never updated or were abandoned. I just used that as a prime example.

4. @VexyTal I've never seen a working "add a new block" plugin, and for a pretty good reason. It's not really the way Minecraft was made, to allow new blocks. The client will just freak out if it gets something it doesn't recognise. Adding a new block is the top of the list of things not to request in the plugin request guide, under "possibility" :)

Sevlon and timtower like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.