Testing Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MrGermanrain, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrGermanrain

Hello all you Devs!

Right now till near Christmas I will be at a boarding school where online MineCraft is blocked by the Firewall!

If anyone could be so nice to test one of my plugins and tell me what the latest version that it works with.

I will add you as a tester of the plugin! Thank you!

---> http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/mrvanish/

2. Offline

adam753

1: That isn't possible. At most, they can block the login servers, in which case you just need to play on offline mode (AKA pirate-friendly) servers.
    2: How does not being online stop you from testing your own plugin? Just host the server on LAN and you can still play, no internet connection needed at all.
    And 3: No one is going to constantly test and debug your plugin builds. Consider how often you're going to be changing your build, sending your victim a slightly tweaked version every 5 minutes and saying "here, try this one".

3. Offline

MrGermanrain

The network that you connect on to get wifi doesn't allow you to connect to non-local ports. and yet most local ports are closed.

4. Offline

adam753

MrGermanrain
    You don't need an internet connection to play Minecraft, I'm sure of it.

5. Offline

MrGermanrain

Of course I don't need internet to play single player... But how would I test my plugins without a server?

6. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

MrGermanrain
    It's quite easy to setup a localhost CB server to test your plugins on.

7. Offline

The_Doctor_123

MrGermanrain
    And you may connect to your localhost without Internet by setting the server to offline mode in the server properties.

8. Offline

maxben34

Bukkit doesn't support online servers, so we cannot help you with doing that here. Sorry

9. maxben34
    Ermm, you mean Bukkit doesn't support offline servers :p

10. Offline

maxben34

Pshh I swear some sort of dark spirit edited that post, hacked into Bukkit admin and made the edit hidden.

11. Wasn't me, I swear.

*backs away into the corner*

12. Offline

maxben34

I have my eyes on you [pig]

EDIT: "eyes" Better?? The Gaming Grunts

13. That pig has 2 eyes... ;)

Edit: maxben34 no :p

14. Offline

MayoDwarf

As adam753 stated, you do not need to have wifi to play minecraft or join a server. The server has to be offline mode. You can still test your plugins on it tho. We do not support offline servers, therefore we can not help you set this up. MrGermanrain

The Gaming Grunts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.