Teleporting entities to unloaded chunks makes them disappear

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Lazini, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lazini

Hello everyone.

So, I was playing around with teleporting entities to unloaded chunks (this has to do with HorseHome, a plugin I am rewriting), and I noticed that sometimes, teleporting an entity to an unloaded chunk makes it disappear.

I've tried fixing this issue by loading the chunk manually (if it wasn't loaded in the first place) and then unloading it after teleporting the entity to that chunk, but that does not seem to work.

Any ideas why?

Thank you

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Offline

mine-care

@Lazini Dont bump in less than 24 hour period
    What server version are you using?

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit help

4. Offline

Lazini

Hello and sorry for that bumping thing. I was not aware of it until now.

What do you mean by server version? I'll tell you what I think you mean, and if I am wrong, please correct me.
    I am using a spigot 1.8 server and the Build is close to the 10th one. I know it's pretty old, but that is the only one I could get working.

The thing is, this problem does not have to do with Spigot. I remember that a friend of mine had the same problem on a craftbukkit server on 1.5 or 1.6. So with that said, please don't say that it is a spigot thing.

Apart from that, I will repeat that the problem is not persistent, meaning it does not happen the whole time. I haven't noticed a certain pattern of when it happens, so I will just say it is random.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  5. Offline

mine-care

@Lazini hmm that sounds pretty odd. Are there any plugins having to do with entities or chunk management?

6. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

7. Offline

Lazini

@mine-care I am pretty certain that the server I tested it on does not have plugins that mess around specifically with chunks and/or entities..

What would that have to do with it anyway, though?

8. Offline

mine-care

@Lazini it has to do because if a no lag plugin constantly unloads and reloads unused chunks, it might miss handle entities on them, I really am in a loss of ideas ATM :- ( sorry

9. Offline

Lazini

@mine-care I see. So, the conclusion is that the problem is kind of random? In its way, yes, but random. And no worries about the loss of ideas pal. It's all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.