Survival Games plugin for dedicated server

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Luca0098, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In my opinion, it's not the same minigame, sorry.
    It's like classic Spleef and Hive's Splegg. They are all based on the same idea, but the mechanics of the games are completely different.

Back on topic, what I want is said on my first post. If there's someone that wants to make this plugin and release it on BukkitDev for making it available to the entire community, it's fine.
    If there's anyone that wants to make this, it seems that I will make it for myself, but I won't release it, sorry, because I would take more time than a Bukkit plugin developer as I would have to learn how to use the Bukkit API.

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Luca98
    Still, nothing about how you play this, when do you win? How does the game start? How do you select those chests? What should be in those chests?

3. Offline

I'll help you out Luca98 he want possibly a join sign with 24 people allowed in the game 12 min.
    When the game starts you will spawn on slabs circled around a center of 4-16 chests (normally 8)
    There are tier 1 and 2 chests tier 2 have better items (not re what he would want)
    When there is 4 players deathwatch will start ( players get teleported back to spawn and if they leave a radio us they will get damaged and eventually die)
    When one player wins game will end and reset

4. Offline

Famous Guy

I would make this, But I'm new to Java, And I don't think its a waist to make a whole new Survival Games plugin in my opinion. All the Survival Games are leaving an option are don't have an option.

ThatOtherGuyLax likes this.
  5. Offline

iiHeroo

Survival Games was not created by TeamVareide really, it's just based off the movie ._.

AndyMcB1 and timtower like this.
  6. Offline

bossomeness

Survival Games and Hunger Games are the same thing, server's just have different plugins. Survival Games was just named differently. If you want a certain feature, submit a ticket on the developer's page. Creating a whole new plugin just to make it automated would be pointless. You also might have to change your ideas for the Survival Games servers a little, to fit the available resources.

7. The Minecraft game - based on the movie - was created by Team Vareide. Also, with most of the SG maps.

You guys are talking about rewriting 75% of a plugin, so I think is better making another plugin with different features. Also, I'm sorry but I won't change my ideas about the setup of the servers. Here I am suggesting to make a plugin that may be used by many people. If there is not anyone that will make it, I can make it for myself, but I won't release it to the public.

So, there are 24 players that start on pre-defined spawn points (usually on the center of the arena). There is a countdown before the game starts. When the countdown ends, the players can move. All the chests of the arena are randomly filled before the game with resources like food, weapons, armors and materials for crafting. When there are 4 people remaining or after an amount of time (15-20 minutes) there is a deathmatch on a small arena where the last player alive wins. I suggest you to play on HiveMC because their plugin has almost the same features that I need.

8. Online

Won't play on a server just to find out what somebody is requesting, especially not when it is just another copy

9. Well, thank you. You have been helpful. As almost every person who replied on this thread.
    Asking here was a complete waste of time.

10. Online

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...he-pe-hunger-games-and-the-pe-survival-games/
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...ence-betwwen-survival-games-and-hunger-games/
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1859392-why-call-hunger-games-survival-games/
    http://www.planetminecraft.com/foru...etween-survival-and-hunger-games-t252358.html

All of them say that is the same thing just as enough people in this thread
    Source: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/survival-games/

11. timtower
    1. This thread was not intended for discuting differences between HG and SG. But people like to go off-topic. You can call the game mode in all the ways you want.
    2. This is a plugin request. Actually, I posted it in the Plugin Requests forum. If you cannot help me, please retain from posting unhelpful and off-topic things.
    3. The Survival Games plugin by Double0negative is not what I need. It is not completely automatic so is not suitable for a dedicated server. I have used it so I know what I am saying.

12. Online

13. timtower The problem cannot be resolved with a command on join (how about spectators?). Also, the plugin lacks of features that I need such as arena voting.

14. Online

Fair enough. I will be leaving this conversation

AndyMcB1 likes this.
  15. Offline

Gorillasmash

I really want a staff to lock this thread.

timtower likes this.
  16. As I did not get help from this community, I will make my own, private plugin.
    Staff can now lock this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.