SuperPerms Forum Management

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Daniel Heppner, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Daniel Heppner

On my upcoming server, I need to use the forums to manage permissions. The problem is that I refuse to use non-SuperPerms for permissions because I don't want to use something outdated. I suggest making a plugin that can talk to PEX and edit the permissions file OR make a plugin that is a full featured permissions manager with forums management included OR make a plugin that gets the groups from PEX and does it's own permissions management (sorta hackish). I don't have enough knowledge to do either of these, so I'm asking on here. I'd really like to see this made, because it'll make management SO much easier and better. It needs to work with XenForo, btw.

Features:
    1. Detect the group that someone is in on the forums, and match it with a group in PEX,
    2. Query the MySQL server every few minutes or whenever someone logs on.
    3. Lightweight.
    4. Support PEX and XenForo.
    5. Awesomeness.
    I hope I get some takers on this, as I'm sure that it'll be a very useful plugin. Of course, as soon as I post this I'm going to realize that you can just use the PEX Permissions 2.x bridge with Warrent. XD