[SUPER URGENT] NEED PLUGIN!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by PassionPvP, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PassionPvP

Hey guys!! I need a plugin like AntiCheat and NoCheatPlus that ACTUALLY WORKS!!!
    Nuff said.

Thanks in advance, Lewis :)

2. Offline

aperfidiousdane

AntiCheat works for us..why do you say it doesn't work exactly?

A little more info could be useful.

3. Offline

PassionPvP

It doesn't block them and kicks the wrong person, it also lags my server even tho *cough* its a beast server

4. Offline

midnightfang22

I hope you find this magical plugin. It doesn't exist. Your best bet is those two. Anticheat is a drag and drop, while nocheatplus is a drag in and change it to your needs. Both work to an extent, but its impossible to block 100% of cheats. What does it not block...? If its minor cheats (such as fullbright) then oh well. If you think they block something like xray, they don't.

5. Offline

chakyl

Obviously it's not very "Beast" if it lags your server.

6. Offline

aperfidiousdane

It doesn't block what. Why is it kicking the wrong person? The person must have some sort of issue on their end if it's kicking them. I've not heard of it kicking someone for no reason. I'd check your console if it's not notifying you or your mods.

Anticheat does a good job of detecting xray and fullbright. And it let's you know if somebody MAY be doing something and you can easily spy on a person to see if they're truly cheating or not. It has let me know if somebody MAY be using xray, I spy on them, and it turns out they're mining with no torches (ie: xray or fullbright) then I noticed they were pausing..waiting a few seconds..then going straight to ores.

I also wouldn't recommend telling players what cheat prevention you're using as there may be workarounds for specific ones (I don't know for sure about this)

You can also change permissions I believe and the config for it to work to your liking. We only have a 2GB server and we get no lag from Anticheat.

Darky1126 likes this.
  7. Offline

HyrulesLegend

Disable AntiCheat kicking then, that's what I did.

8. Offline

wowlover6877

1. AntiCheat and NoCheatPlus works fine
    2. If you want new plugin, this should be in "Plugin Requests"

9. Offline

MyPictures

How should a server detect full bright? That's like totally impossible because its 100% client side.

Also AC has a statistic xray, you can easy bypass that by simulating "real mining". For example only mine 4 diamonds in 4 hours or whatever.

Best solution will still be Orebfuscator.

@PassionPvP NoCheat+ works just fine for me and if it lags your server then you should check setup (hardware/os/java/plugins). Of course you will need some resources to hold NC+ but on the performance examine NC+ was pretty good over all in the PlayerMoveEvent.

I wish you could see how much work it is to make such a plugin....

10. Offline

aperfidiousdane

I'm sorry I shouldn't have said detecting because I'm not sure that AntiCheat is the plugin that detects mining below a certain light level. I should have said discouraging. It's easy to spy on somebody which makes it easy to tell if somebody is using full bright because not very many people, if any, can mine without torches. Unless you crank your Minecraft brightness all the way up, as well as your monitor brightness. I also believe spout offers a high brightness setting which would be similar to fullbright. So I wouldn't say it's "like totally impossible". Simply because effects are client side doesn't meant the side effects aren't noticeable.

11. Offline

Preatomicmatt

Ok, if you want a NO XRAY plugin check out Orebfuscator

12. Offline

MyPictures

You of course a human will notice such things but how you want a plugin notice this? Check the player if he is near a torch if not spam warnings?

13. Offline

user_43347

Blocks do have a detectable light level.

14. Offline

MyPictures

So you want to check for that light lvl and don't allow players to walk in blocks that have light lvl 0 (for example)? ;P

Minecraft even comes by default with a bright changer, so if you block that you actually prevent vanilla Minecraft playing style.

15. Offline

user_43347

No, you could assume certain elements.
    They mine 10 diamonds in 1 minute with a light level less then or equal to 3, assume something is happening.
    Also, the brightness changer modifies gamma and not by much, it wouldn't screw with the system if you had it with enough slack to make up for that ability.

Also, instead of complaining about each way things can go wrong, put in some effort and do it?

16. Offline

MyPictures

We could add such thing in NC+ but I don't see why it should be useful. Orebfuscator is a much better antixray solution anyways.

17. Offline

user_43347

You're right, who would want the possibility to stop/limit a cheat in a cheat plugin?
    Even if it doesn't 100% work (like 90% of your checks), add it in and allow it to be enabled.

18. Offline

MyPictures

Why do we have to do it now? If you know why don't you code it and be awesome?

19. Offline

aperfidiousdane

You hit the nail right on the head...haha. Yeah I want a plugin that tells me every time somebody leaves light. Doesn't matter if they're mining or not. If they leave light, I wanna know...not.

I wasn't saying AntiCheat should have it, I'm fairly sure there is a plugin out there that does it. I'm merely saying AntiCheat gives somebody the opportunity to keep these things in check. Also read my whole post, yes minecraft comes with it's own brightness setting but even with that it's not real easy to see everything unless you're the kind of person who plays with his monitor brightness super high as well. No need to defend the cheat preventing plugins I'm not attacking them. I was simply making a statement that AntiCheat gives you possibilities to keep most things in check and does in fact work.

No need to keep bumping the topic without any helpful information for the OP.

20. Offline

MyPictures

Yea we kida got off topic lol

21. DarkTrace does ratio + light-level statistics for mined blocks to fight xray.

Lag with anti cheat mostly depends on your server size and also some other conditions: usually false positives and alerts in general cost a bit more performance due to chat alerts and logging, so if your server has some lag anyway, some anti cheat checks might make it lag even more because of alerts coming in in bunches for many players then. NoCheatPlus can be configured such that lag-influenced checks can be altered to do less alerts.

Also very big servers can be tested with complex moving checks after all, depending on how much load they have anyway with the plugin setup.

MyPictures likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.