SunBurn V2 [Rewrite]

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Ahniolator, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ahniolator

SunBurn v2 [Rewrite]

Well, I am officially out of new ideas for this plugin, so I have decided to rewrite it. My main goal is replacing the burning methods with timed methods that won't check for things every tick when a player is moving. This should reduce the amount of server stress to the absolute minimum. It will also have a revamped command structure, and will have the breaking armor bug fixed as well.

The original plugin is available here, and progress for the v2 rewrite will be posted here.

Sadly, in order to make the armor break properly, I have to limit how configurable the armor types are so people will be limited to choosing between all of the main armor types. Instead of choosing each id individually for each armor piece, they will be chosen by material as a set. For example: gold, iron, diamond, leather, or chainmail.

Update: This process is going much more smoothly than I thought it would. I should be able to release the new version later today :D

Update #2: Finished and uploaded today :)

Current Progress (Overall):​
    |||||||||||||||||||| 100%​
    Configuration:​
    |||||||||||||||||||| 100%
    Commands:​
    Mob Burning:​
    Player Burning:​
    Armor Protection:​
    Armor Damaging:​
    Command-Based Wasteland Generation:​
    ETA for release: September 17, 2011​

If you have any suggestions for this plugin in terms of features or otherwise, please let me know! Since I'm rewriting the entire thing it will be easier to implement things in my opinion. It's not the most popular plugin at the moment, but I felt doing something like this would be fun anyway to get people's opinions on things that I am doing :)

Just finished writing the Armor code, just running it through final testing. Currently 75.7% complete

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.