Sun doesn't travel across the sky and time never changes.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by slimabob, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

slimabob

I've been playing on my server with some friends for about two days now, and just recently we noticed that the sun remains in the same place and the day/night cycle never occurs- the time is always stuck at day. I can use "/time set" to change the time, however it does not naturally happen.

NOTE- this did NOT happen initially as soon as the world was created and only started happening a few hours ago.
    I am currently running the most recent 1.6.2-R0.1 and the server is running the following plugins:​
    Now, the really odd thing is- I've tried disabling all of the plugins and restarting the server and that did not seem to help.​
    Does anyone here know what the problem is and how I can fix my server's day/night cycle so that the sun actually moves again?​

2. Offline

indominae

/gamerule doDaylightCycle true

3. Offline

slimabob

Thank you for the reply. I tried this and nothing happened, however when I did "/gamerule doDaylightCycle false" and THEN "/gamerule doDaylightCycle true" the sun started to move again!

One problem though, the sun starts at dawn (time was set to 0) and rises for about 5 seconds. After that it snaps back down to where it was initially and starts to rise again. The sun also seems to be rising faster than it used to.

4. Offline

MegaNarwhal

Now that you fixed doDaylightCycle, try running the server without plugins and seeing if the sun moves normally. Also, is it on hardcore mode? Time passes by slower on hardcore but this does not change how fast time moves client-side, so you will notice the sun jumping back.

5. Offline

slimabob

Thank you for the heads-up about hardcore mode. The server was indeed accidentally set on hardcore. I set it back to survival and it kind of helped.

The issue still persists, what with the sun resetting back to position and all. However, now it appears to slowly be making the sun inch across the sky (As in when it's resetting the sun's position it doesn't reset to the exact same location but slightly higher than it was before?). I'm not exactly sure how to explain it- if you don't understand I can try to get a video of the world and record the sun.

6. Offline

Taketheword

slimabob
    I would be willing to log into your server and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.