Sun And Moonrise Announcements

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MRGamer01, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Offline

MRGamer01

Plugin category: Fun/Misc

Suggested name: Sundial

What I want: I'd really like to see a plugin that would broadcast a message across a server with configurable lines for when the sun sets and the moon rises (and vice versa), with a way to edit "what" or "who" is saying what has been put into the configurable lines. For example:

"[Spirit]: The sun once more falls, bringing with it the cursed nightmares of the darkness."
    "[Spirit]: The moon returns to it's slumber, returning the life giving light and peace."

Of course I would think this goes without saying it would be set so that it can detect when sunset and sunrise occur within the world, even when a server is shut down or reset, or even when an OP or other uses a command to change the time of day.

Ideas for commands: /Sund to toggle plugin activity

Ideas for permissions: Generally only accessible to operators, but readable by all.

When I'd like it by: No rush, but sooner rather than later would be nice.

Omnitv likes this.
  2. Offline

The_Coder

I will take a crack at it

3. Offline

MRGamer01

My thanks you to for trying this, it is very much appreciated.

4. Offline

The_Coder

will this server have more than one world

5. Offline

Omnitv

Would be cool if it has multi world support.
    I support this plugin.

6. Offline

The_Coder

how would i do multi world?

7. Offline

pzxc

for (World w : getServer().getWorlds()) {
    doStuff();
    }

8. Offline

MRGamer01

Multi-world would be a bonus imo, though I'm sure a lot of people would love multi-world support :)

9. Offline

SilentTheif-PLM

This might have already been created. This also would be a very easy thing to code.

10. Offline

MRGamer01

I've searched up a bit, and a lot of plugins aren't up to date and aren't exactly what I've requested. I've also considered using a timed auto broadcast message system, but that'll fall out of sync for what I've imagined.

Omnitv likes this.
  11. Offline

np98765

I would attempt this, but I don't know how to get the time... Let me look into it. :3

EDIT: On second thought, The_Coder is making this, so nevermind. Although I'd still like to know how to get the time...

12. Offline

CoKoC

[​IMG]
    Hi.

I made your plugin.
    You may download it here : <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    The sources are available here : <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

It features what you asked for. There is an auto-generating config file to choose the name of what is calling the time as you formatted and the day/night messages. There is a /sund command for OPs to toggle the plugin on or off. The messages are also localized to players in current world, which means you can use this plugin with multi-world.

If you have any problems, bugs, more features requests or anything, poke me on my profile with a link to this thread.

Regards,
    Sam.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  13. Offline

MRGamer01

[quote uid=90651671 name="CoKoC" post=1236565]
    [​IMG]
    Hi.

I made your plugin.
    You may download it here : <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    The sources are available here : <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

It features what you asked for. There is an auto-generating config file to choose the name of what is calling the time as you formatted and the day/night messages. There is a /sund command for OPs to toggle the plugin on or off. The messages are also localized to players in current world, which means you can use this plugin with multi-world.

If you have any problems, bugs, more features requests or anything, poke me on my profile with a link to this thread.

Regards,
    Sam.[/quote]

Why thank you! We'll give it a run today once I can get my server up and running. Appreciate the effort you've put into this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016