[Suggestion]Item Language Library

Discussion in 'Resources' started by hice3000, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hice3000

I got the Idea that there should be a library which translates item id's into human readable names in different languages, and that words (also colloquially) of items can be translated back into id's. Then plugin developer's can include these library in their projects, and plugins will became more variable! If someone is interested in such a library, I'll start a project like this.

2. This would probably be a lots of work because you have to create some sort of database or something like that to have all the translations in one place.
    It is a good idea though.

3. Offline

hice3000

I want to upload it to a platform where everyone can edit it (Does someone know one? I dont want a Gitbased one, too much expenditure), so when everybody adds a few words in his language we gonna have a big database. I think I will download the lib every week and then publish it here again.

4. Hmm, okay, that's not a bad idea:p

5. Offline

hice3000

Do you know a website for code publishing and editing?

6. Offline

Deckerz

make your own?

i could make a site where you insert your word and the id for it along with a email and it creates a line in a database

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  7. Offline

hice3000

dont you think this can be much work? If you want you can do one ;). But maybe I'll use something like Gobby.

8. Offline

Deckerz

but the lib your on your one implementing it

9. Offline

hice3000

Yes? that wi'll be awesome.

I dont think that wi'll be a problem for me, we need just a script that inserts something like
    Code:
    ((List)englishNames.get("1")).put("Stone")
    , or so :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Deckerz

basicly i will make a site for you

11. Offline

hice3000

In PHP and MySQL? It doesnt have to be really good-looking but functional ;) Simply PM me when you are ready, then I'll code the bit of java-side code.

12. Offline

Deckerz

yes php and mysql and ill give it a half decent look if i can be bothered

13. Offline

hice3000

I think it should use the same principe like the mc language system, simple .propertie files that were read by java

has someone a idea for a name?

14. Offline

Deckerz

its almost finished

15. Offline

hice3000

I do not understand you, but i suggest "LanguageLib"

16. Offline

Deckerz

ive almost finished coding it

17. Offline

hice3000

Omg? You created a whole (tiny) website in 15 min?

blackwolf12333 likes this.
  18. Offline

Deckerz

yeah just testing it now

19. Offline

hice3000

do you have skype? maybe we can chat there

20. Offline

Deckerz

yes add me declanmc96

21. Offline

stirante

Database of items with id is in essentials. Then you can get from net.minecraft.server.Block name in lang file (getBlockName()). Lang files are included in server jar file.

22. Offline

p000ison

Vault Items already does this

23. Offline

hice3000

This is a plugin, isnt it? Our code will be integretable into plugins!

24. Offline

Icyene

MineCraft supports this natively... IIRC, it can be done a one-liner which supports all locales supported by MC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.