Development Assistance String to Int

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by 2008Choco, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

2008Choco

I am making a configuration option for my plugin to allow them to create custom equations. I have one issue. This configuration option has no choice but to contain variables. I have attempted getting the config value as an int (getConfig().getInt("StringPath")), but as you know, you cannot replace specific characters of an int with another int. I cannot use getConfig().getString("StringPath") because that would be a string and for the method I want to use it in, it must be an integer.

Is there any possible way for me to change a String into an int, or try and replace a variable in an int to another int? My end goal is to replace f with an integer.

Ex: f - ((f / 100) * 40), and I want to get that value from a config file and replace f with an int. Any help would be great. If I can't do it, it's not the end of the world, but there must be a way

2. Offline

BizarrePlatinum

@2008Choco parse it with the Integer class. However, initializing f to getConfig().getInt() should work in that instance.

2008Choco likes this.
  3. Offline

2008Choco

@BizarrePlatinum
    I've figured out the ParseInt function and will test this out later tonight. Let me clarify just to make sure this works before I test though. This is the code I'm using:
    Code:
    int equation = Integer.parseInt(getConfig().getString("CustomFallDamageEquation"));
    event.setDamage(equation);
    And this is my config value:
    Code:
    CustomFallDamageEquation: fallDamage - ((fallDamage / 100 ) * 40)
    I have "fallDamage" as a variable declared earlier in my code. Would the parseInt method replace "fallDamage" with the int it's declared as?

4. Offline

0verFull

Code:
    @EventHandler
        public void onEntityDamage(EntityDamageEvent e){
            if(e.getCause().equals(DamageCause.FALL)){
                int i = getConfig().getInt("CustomFallDamageEquation");
                int equation = (i/100)*40;
                e.setDamage(equation);
            }
        }
    @2008Choco