Strange server issues (random users have chat lag, permissions rollback)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Dec64, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dec64

Running bukkit build 1000
    CentOS 5.4 64bit
    16gb RAM
    Intel i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz
    Using McMyadmin

Some users randomly have chat lag, like the chat is delayed between 1second, to 30seconds, but the game otherwise seems to run fine for them, i thought possibly tho, The users were all american, different states, but they all seemed to be comcast, so not sure if that was just an issue with their ISP.

I have turned off all Plugins one by one, the issue still persisted.

Can anyone recommend a command line to run in java to try and improve performance?

Also, another issue which i can not troubleshoot at all, permissions seem's too also rollback certain users, to default, every 15min/ish mins.

Anyhelp would be much appreciated.

2. Offline

vapid2323

Well the issue might not even be the server, it might just be the location and connection the individuals have.

Have them do a trace route from there computers to the server IP and see if they have any issues. (Use google if you dont know how to do this google "how to tracert")

What we are trying to figure out is if its the server or if its there connections, I have a very fast server and great connections to the main Seattle, WA (USA) hub but I still get users with the same issues.

Also before you really dig into trubleshooting teach your users to "relog" as in log out and log back in to see if it imporoves, lots of times that will simple resolve the issue. Some users will have to do it more than others.

3. Offline

Dec64

@vapid2323 Yeah, i had my moderators who had issues to trace route, and they had some issues jumping the atlantic, and they all seem'd to be with "comcast" so i assumed it was an issue with ISP, as they now are fine, but other users today have complained about chat lag, but it seems better, i have moved away from McMyAdmin for now, it seems to have fixed the issue with permissions altering.

Quick glance at your servers specs do show you clearly have a better setup, but if you still get a similar issue, then i wont feel so bad after all, I have tried everything i can to troubleshoot it, as its very disheartening to see users spam "LAGGG" When i have only just upgraded to a dedicated machine like this.

Thanks for your reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.