Stopping signs breaking

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Nogtail, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Nogtail

I have a plugin that uses signs (think I need an originality award...) and I plan to have some basic protection on them. I need an event that is called when a sign "decays" so I can cancel it. The only alternative I can see is to listen to every event that could remove a block and check if a sign depends on it then cancel the event.

2. Offline

RenditionsRule

Nogtail I would say to call a "BlockBreakEvent" and check if "event.getBlock().getState()" is the instance of a Sign. From there you can cancel the event of the sign breaking. I am sure there is other events that involve block breaking but this is what I would use.

3. Offline

Gater12

Nogtail
    Could also check blocks relative to the block broken to see if there's a sign that is supported by it.

4. Offline

Nogtail

RenditionsRule Gater12 I am checking relative blocks but currently that means every time a block breaks I have to check adjacent blocks and perform a heap of lookups just to see it it is a protected sign. Block break event is only when players break blocks, if it an explosion or a leaf decaying or a block burning then it is not called, and if I was to check every event that could destroy a block then I would have to listen to 8 or 9 events and run expensive checks on all of them.

5. Offline

thijs_a

I think thats the best thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.