Status of Bukkit?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by thekris1234, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

THEK

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked 1000+ times. I am the owner of iMine and am clutching at hMod like a cat to a scratching post. I would like to know the status of Bukkit as in:

I've heard there is no distinction between groups as in Admins, Mods, VIPs and Default. Is this true?
    Is it more stable than the current (Semi) Official release of hMod 134?
    Does it have the same functionality of hMod?

I run these plugins:
    BackupPlugin, Clean, ControllerBlock, CraftBook, Cuboid, Dynamic Map, GriefAlert, MCBan, Measuring Tape, Minecart Mania, LWC, Minequery, ModQueue, PushBlocks, ServerPort, Stargate, TNTBlocker, Twitter Events, Updatr, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Exact Spawn

I know that BackupPlugin, Craftbook, Dynamic Map, LWC, MCBan, ServerPort, WorldEdit have all been ported but have any of the others been ported and do these ported plugins work OK?

Thank you ever so much.

--
    Kris

2. Offline

THEK

Don't worry about the plugins. Can someone just answer the 3 questions. Unofficial hMod is bringing down iMine and I need to know about bukkit asap.

thank you.

3. Offline

TnT

1. True. Permissions not implemented yet, but there are plugins available to do that.
    2. It was more stable than hMod when I started to run it on build #34. Probably much more stable now as of build # 135. Of course, this is only my experience and I no longer use hMod. Your experience may vary.
    3. No and yes. Depends. Right now its still in development, so some features are there, some are not. You will need to research the features yourself to know if the ones you are looking for have been included or not.

4. Offline

Sixpak

Bukkit currently works quite well in it's developmental state. It's been pretty stable and a lot less cpu intensive than hmod was. There are plugins for basic functionality that you may be used to for Hmod (Try General [Essentials]). Things like Worldguard, WorldEdit, DynamicMap, MinecartMania, and LWC have been ported. Others on your list have not.

However, be aware that Bukkit is under MUCH heavier development than Hmod was. There can be multiple new builds in a single day. Something can break one day and four hours later work with a new build. I however found it fairly easy to simply update once a week to incorporate new features and have found the experience to be easy and free of too many frustrations :)

The only thing I really miss is CraftBook. However the author is porting it and is an active developer on the bukkit team. Hope this was of some help!

5. Offline

THEK

Thank you for your help.

Where do I downloaded the latest craftbukkit? I found the links to the craftbukkit.001.jar or something like that but surely that isn't the latest build?

Thanks
    Kris

6. Offline

flaaghara

That post always gives you the latest build. You can track the build numbers here : http://bamboo.lukegb.com/browse/BUKKIT-CRAFTBUKKIT/

7. Offline

THEK

That is brilliant thank you :) I shall start testing Bukkit immediately.

Thanks for all your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.