Development Assistance Starting to script java?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by SuPeRgLuTeN, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guys.
    I wanted to start learning java scripting because i always liked this area of scripting. I got no knowledge in java at all and i only scripted in 1 program: Pawno. I dont know if u guys heard about pawno its not very known i guess but i know how variables work and how they interact during the script. I just wanted to know where to start to learn java scripting. Any good tutorials that ever helped anyone and if there are can you send me one?

Thanks for reading
    cumpz,
    Vasco

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

Okay, I'm going to first tell you that it's not "Java scripting", it's Java coding. If you were learning Javascript it'd be scripting. Javascript it a web-based programming language. Java is what you use for Minecraft plugins (and lots of other things of course) I think that the best way to learn Java is to take a course in school or online, however if you feel that you're able to teach yourself, you should take a look at this tutorial by Oracle: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

3. @oceantheskatr and i am going to follow that area but i want to be well prepared before starting (still going this year to 9th grade then im going to follow cience and technology)

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@SuPeRgLuTeN You don't need to be prepared for classes like those.

5. Offline

oceantheskatr

I started Java in grade 9 :)

6. well i know i dont need to be prepared but classes are easier if u understand more about what they are talking about :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.