Staff Mail Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by WestnightHawk, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Offline

WestnightHawk

So I have looked and I do not see too much for a plugin where I can mail everyone with a specific permission node. I think something like this would be helpful for my staff, and so that I do not have to /mail send (name) 20 times either. I would like it to show up sort of how Essentials Plugin does mail. Or slightly more like ModReq, but with the ability to mail staff with the permission node
    Permissions I was thinking about:
    mail.staff.receive
    mail.staff.receive.(specialized rank defined in config such as admin or mod)
    mail.staff.send - /staffmail (sm) sendall (if not to all mail.staff.receive specify -r [rank name])
    mail.staff.clear - /staffmail (sm) clear (msg id or "All")
    mail.staff.read - /staffmail (sm) read (msg id)
    mail.staff.reply - /staffmail (sm) reply (msg id) (response)
    mail.staff.check - /staffmail (sm) check
    (/staffmail (sm) check will list all of the mail with IDs, but just a snippet)
    mail.staff.help - /staffmail (sm) help

In-game I would wish for it to show up like (I have added color codes, but nothing I am picky about):

(mail.staff.check)
    &dStaffMail // &fYour Mailbox
    &6[(id here)] &3(Sender): &f(First few words of message)
    (maybe 5 messages per page or so)

(mail.staff.read)
    &dStaffMail // &fRead &6(Msg id here)
    &3(Sender): &f(full message)

(mail.staff.receive)
    &dStaffMail // &fYou've got mail!
    (shows up to the player with mail at a set interval from the config)

(mail.staff.send,mail.staff.reply)
    &dStaffMail // &fYour message has been sent successfully
    (display after sending)

(mail.staff.clear)
    &dStaffMail // &fYou have removed the specified messages

(mail.staff.help)
    &dStaffMail // &fHelp

&3/staffmail &fsendall [-r]
    &3/staffmail &fclear [id] [all]
    &3/staffmail &fread [id]
    &3/staffmail &freply [id] [msg]
    &3/staffmail &fcheck
    &3/staffmail &fhelp

Thanks if you can make my plugin idea a reality, if not thanks for going through the hassle of reading this.

2. Offline

45zeldafan

Can't you just use essentials?

3. Offline

xXMaTTHDXx

45zelda is right you can use essentials just not sure where

4. Offline

domdomegg

What I have is AutoMessage, and create a 'staff' list. Then only give moderators, admins etc, the permission to view it. Add a message there, and they will all see it - That is the closest I got

5. Offline

WestnightHawk

Ok, well I guess that will have to work. I allow everyone to send and receive mail with essentials, and I do not think they have a receive command to limit who receives mail. Now Automessage is ok, but I want something like ModReq kind of, but a staff mailbox. I want all my staff, and just my staff, to be able to see messages that I send without having to send a message to each one of my staff. I think it would also be a good idea to be able to control and view what messages I send to what ranks. I will have to look for a different solution maybe.