Staff How would i code this

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by jay275475, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jay275475

Hello fellow but i want to make my own this plugins shows staff online all staff and more

Anyone here can help me send me a link where i can get some info on how make a list and add to t
    them with a command and list them like this

[Owner] jay275475
    [Owner] BradyMcd
    [Admin] jayxadeath
    [Chat-Mod] Hockey
    etc.

2. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

3. Offline

RealDope

4. RealDope
    That link doesn't work.

jay275475
    Take a look into Vault for help with permissions.

5. Offline

Rprrr

Adamki11s
    Ehm... what he wants to do has nothing to do with Vault...

6. Offline

jay275475

so what am i sopossed to do?

7. Rprrr
    Yes it does. He has clearly shown the group name of various players he wants displayed in the list. So he would need to check their permissions to get their group name.

8. Offline

jay275475

There permissions are groupmanager
    and i know them

9. jay275475
    Yes but don't you want to accommodate for servers running different permissions systems.

10. Offline

jay275475

Im confused

11. jay275475
    Like others have said you seem new so you should check out the plugin tutorial on Bukkit's wiki, post a request in the Plugin Requests forum or see if there is a plugin which already does what you are looking for.

12. Offline

jay275475

Yes i know how to do that but how make a freaking list

13. jay275475
    There isn't just going to be a link to code that shows you how to make a list the way you want.

You need to learn/understand the basics and then make a plugin to do this. If you haven't made an attempt people aren't going to be very inclined to help you. I will help you, I just won't write code if you are too lazy to make an attempt yourself.

14. Offline

jay275475

Code:
    package jaybarnes7878.gmail.Staff

import org.bukkit.list
    //!?!?!?

15. jay275475
    Are you serious. Please go and read the plugin tutorial on the Bukkit wiki and get a plugin started. Then try and get your list to display and post here if you need help.

16. Offline

jay275475

Ok

Oh yeah i all most forgot ik how to make a config and i was wondering how would i make a command open the config

And then maybe next version i can make it so commands can add stuff to list instead of puting it in yourself

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  17. Offline

ZachBora

jay275475
    You might want to learn Java before trying to make a plugin.

18. jay275475
    Honestly, everything you need to get started is on the wiki page. Don't post just because you are too lazy to read the wiki. This is my last post here, and I won't help you again until you have at least made some attempt to learn the Bukkit API, or Java.

19. Offline

jay275475

I read it alot of times

20. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

tyzoid, DJSanderrr and Adamki11s like this.
  21. Offline

RealDope

I don't doubt that he thinks he did.

22. Offline

RainoBoy97

He ment a /staff command to show online staff

23. Offline

gomeow

If you can't make a list, you need to learn Java more in depth before making plugins like these.
    Try searching thenewboston java tutorials on youtube, and watch his Java tutorials. It will definitely help you

24. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

Regardles; how is he going to obtain the information without knowing what a list is, or even where to put the code?

25. Offline

skore87

I was just thinking that his picture reflects this situation quite well. =D

mastermustard likes this.
  26. Offline

mastermustard

that was exactly my thoughts to

how do you know how to generate configs but you know nothing about the bukkit api nor java

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  27. Offline

RealDope

are you high

mastermustard likes this.
  28. Offline

Rprrr

You could use Vault as dependency, check for all groups, get the right groups and then get the players online in that group.

But you could also get rid of Vault, simply give all staff-members one permission, check for players with that permission add them to a list. Which is way easier and doesn't depend on another plugin - it would work without Vault, aswell. ;)

29. Rprrr
    Yes, but the reason I am suggesting Vault is because it easily allows you to check permissions for whatever permissions system the server is running. So instead of having to check various dependencies yourself you can call method and Vault does it for you, no point reinventing the wheel ;).

30. Offline

Rprrr

Adamki11s
    "because it easily allows you to check permissions for whatever permissions system the server is running."
    Please, tell me, what is wrong with the following? ...
    Code:
    if (player.hasPermission("permission.here")){
    Which doesn't require Vault, which doesn't require checking various dependencies - it requires no dependency at all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.