Staff demotes

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Necrodoom_V2, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Necrodoom_V2

@mcdorli The problem is that Curse refuses to allow a formal annoucement from bukkit staff.

2. Offline

eyamaz

3. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Necrodoom_V2
    I personally don't think community mods should be allowed to post announcements besides what eyamaz noted without Curse approval. Lets be honest here; while all of the mods here are great, imagine if a mod was to accidentally leave themselves logged in. The mess that could be created would be catastrophic.

However, I do agree in the sense that there really hasn't been a good, formal announcement about the current state of the Bukkit project as far as development by the original team, not the spigot team. It's obvious to us, but not to everyone else. The OP of this thread is just one of the things that I believe is causing major and unnecessary confusion with people trying to find the Craftbukkit jar.

4. Offline

Necrodoom_V2

@eyamaz

I also want to add that the first announcement about bukkit's situation was actually erased Curse/Mojang before being restored by remaining staff.

Im not sure who are you refering to, as Curse already demoted all of Bukkit Staff.

5. How did they demote anyone? The staff resigned, hence the "Staff Goodbyes" section. If you mention EvilSeph, I don't know about him and plus that's not "all of Bukkit Staff"

6. Offline

Necrodoom_V2

I meant the same thing, sorry if this was misunderstood.

He was removed by Mojang/Curse for apparently reasons. He never resigned if you read his announcement.

Anyway my point is that Bukkit staff hold no power in their own forums anymore, and therefore couldnt, er, create mess, by Tecno_wizard's words.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved conversation to its own thread instead of keeping it on a thread for feedback.

8. Offline

eyamaz

My response to this is located here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.