Problem/Bug Sprintglitch above 1.12.1/1.12.2

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by maxknol, Jul 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

maxknol

There is a glitch in bukkit. In the community, I'm part of we call it the "Sprintglitch" This glitch appears whenever you sprint hit a player and he sprint hits you back, your character will stop sprinting. Even if you keep holding W and your sprint key.
    (if you dont know what a sprint hit, normal hit crit hit is, please look it up.) This went unnoticed for super long because most 1.9 pvers play on cube craft which uses 1.9 bukkit and that version doesn't have this glitch.

So the sprintglitch is whenever you sprinthit someone and that person sprinthits you back. What will happen is that your character will stop running for some reason. I've tested this on a lot of versions and jar files.

First, I tested it on a 1.13.2 vanilla server (without any plugin support, just vanilla multiplayer jar)
    The sprinthit wasn't present there so that rules out the possibility of it being a vanilla bug.
    Then I tested spigot 1.13.2 which did have the glitch.
    After that, I tried bukkit and that also had the glitch.
    So that says that it has to be coming from bukkit since spigot and paper are simply branches of bukkit.
    When I knew that it had to be down to bukkit, I started making my way down the Minecraft versions.
    First, I tried 1.11.2 which didn't have a glitch using bukkit. So then I started moving up again.
    And as it seems, the first bukkit version that contains this glitch has to be either 1.12.1 or 1.12.2 since I also tested 1.12 which didn't have a glitch and then I tested 1.12.2 which did have a glitch.

For me and the team I'm in, it would be great if you would be able to fix this for 1.13.2 so we can keep working on our server. I believe we use paper spigot but I'm sure that if you fix the problem in bukkit he will be able to do the same in paper with your help (or we ask the paper developers to do it if need be)

We want to release our server and it would be great if we could get some help fixing this problem.
    If you have trouble figuring out what this glitch is or you dont know what sprinthit, normal hit and crit hits are, please contact me so I can show you what this bug exactly does and how the players will suffer if this glitch isn't fixed

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@maxknol Did you report this to the paper devs?

3. Offline

maxknol

why would I report this to paper devs when the same glitch is in bukkit? Doesn't make sense to me at all. Especially because bukkit is most likely causing it which means that your bug made spigot and paper have the same bug.
    But if you really want me to do so, I will. Even though they will probably send me straight back here anyway.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Because Bukkit doesn't have a development anymore.
    Spigot handles that these days.

5. Offline

maxknol

ah alright. still doesnt make sense why i had to ask paper devs but sure ill ask on the spigot forums.

6. Offline

Machine Maker

@maxknol if your issue is resolved, please mark this thread as Solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.