Solved Spigot 1.8

Discussion in 'General Help' started by cmz1675, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cmz1675

Hey, I want to update my server to 1.8. I compiled the jar for spigot, but how do I make my 1.7 plugins work with 1.8?

Thanks,
    Creed [Java Eclipse Dev]

2. Offline

Qaisar101

Some just work with 1.8. Some don't
    I don't know how to convert them, though.
    Sorry about that.

With all due respect,
    Qaisar Sulaiman

3. Offline

Gamecube762

If you only used the Bukkit API, your plugin should work for 1.8.

If you used NMS(Native Minecraft Source) in your plugin, then you would NEED to update your plugin.

What you can do is remove the old version of Bukkit(or Spigot) from your build path, then add the new 1.8 jar to your build path(s), if any error comes up, you can easily fix them.

4. Offline

teej107

If you are just using the Bukkit API, it will most likely work and won't need any updating. Build the with the lowest version that you are willing to support.

5. Offline

Qaisar101

I find that the Bukkit API is easier than NMS, so you should be fine.

6. Offline

cmz1675

So I can just switch to bukkit 1.8 and all 1.7 plugins will work?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Offline

teej107

@cmz1675 Most. If the plugin was built with the Bukkit API and doesn't hook into any of NMS code, I don't see why it won't work.

8. Offline

teej107

@bwfcwalshy @cmz1675 Some of the plugins that didn't work on 1.8 originally have been updated to support it. Like Essentials. I still build my plugins against the Bukkit API for 1.7 because the plugins a make don't use any of the 1.8 features and will still work on 1.8.

9. Offline

Bobcat00

1.8 made changes to spawners and items frames which could affect plugins.

10. Offline

cmz1675

Alright I will try this. If most of my plugins don't work, is there a Bukkit build that will allow 1.8 users to join Bukkit 1.7?

11. Offline

teej107

Yes! Search the Spigot forums. It is a hacked protocol build.

12. Offline

cmz1675

Thanks! I don't mind if there is no 1.8 features all I want is 1.8 users to join 1.7! :D

Can you give me a quick tutorial/ download link for the hacked protocol build please. :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2016
  13. Offline

teej107

@cmz1675 You can't with the whole DMCA issue. Idk if there is a version you can compile yourself like the 1.8 builds. Search the Spigot forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.