Special Items Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by JeromeASF, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Offline

JeromeASF

Plugin category: Fun.

Suggested name: Special Items Plugin.

What I want: A Plugin that adds special items into minecraft such as A Smelters Pick That Will Smelt Ores.
    Also includes An Explosive Pick Which When You Mine It Explodes 9-12 blocks and drops them all, It Also Has The
    particle effect of an explosion and sound like an explosion.
    Also A LumberJack Axe With Chops Down the whole tree when breaking one block from the tree.
    And A Carver Axe Where Every Time you Break 1 Log It Drops A Stack Of Planks.
    Even A Fast Hoe Where when you use a hoe on 1 place it hoes 9-12 blocks and adds a water source.

MUST READ: Keep In Mind that you are adding additional items into the game, however The Items Is Diamond And
    Has The Same Texture And Shape As The Tool. The Item's Name will be changed to what I have listed above,
    Although The Name Will Be In Purple
    Can You Please Add ID's: Explosive Pick ID: 278:1 Smelters Pick ID: 278:2 LumberJack Axe ID: 279:1 Carver Axe ID: 279:2 Fast Hoe ID: 293:1

Ideas for commands: /sp give %player% (ID).

Ideas for permissions: SP.Command.give

When I'd like it by: Any Time Soon
    Thanks For Reading :)

2. Offline

Debels

JeromeASF If there are no commands, how are they going to obtain the items?, provide a crafting recipe or explain how they will get them.

3. Offline

Gerov

Are you sure you want no permissions or commands? :eek:

Answer that, and I might get started on it soon.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

JeromeASF

Can You Please Add ID's:
    Explosive Pick ID: 278:1
    Smelters Pick ID: 278:2
    LumberJack Axe ID: 279:1
    Carver Axe ID: 279:2
    Fast Hoe ID: 293:1

Command: /sp give %player% (ID)

5. Offline

ajisfree

I like this idea, it would be nice if plugin users could customize sizes, and other specs though. Or maybe add it some how as a enchantment chance or findable item within dungeons or strongholds or even add in a custom boss mob feature that has a drop rate for such items. Or If you just want to go simple maybe a custom crafting recipe with special items you have to obtain. Example would be a "blessed TNT" and the pickaxe of your choice to craft the explosive pickaxe. You would obtain blessed TNT by killing a charged creeper. That would make the chances of this item be even more rare, challenging, and just down right more fun to try and get.

Also I would like to point out that using /give May conflict with other plugins. I would recommend customizing the command a little more like /sp give {player} {id} that way your plugin has no chance of conflicts and opens the option for more commands that may not conflict with others.

6. Offline

JeromeASF

ajisfree
    This Is An Amazing Structure I Will Definitely Give This A Think
    Although It Would Be Good If An OP Aspect Of The Game Would Be Harder To Get Such As Paying For The Items

7. Offline

Necrodoom

That combination is already used by the normal item ID and damage value. I suggest a special command instead which spawns the tool with extra lore.

8. Offline

JeromeASF

I Have Added The : And That Means Same But Different.

9. Offline

Onlineids

10. Offline

JeromeASF

11. Offline

Onlineids

12. Offline

daavko

JeromeASF If you say so, provide an example. I would really like to see how can you add custom IDs with Bukkit.

13. Offline

Onlineids

daavko You can't which is what I was trying to say but apparently he thinks you can....

14. Offline

daavko

15. Offline

JeromeASF

Well I Know Nothing About Coding But If We Put An Item into minecraft it should Have An ID Like Other Plugins Have

16. Offline

daavko

JeromeASF No plugin will ever modify an ID of anything, as this is coded in Minecraft and you can modify it only by installing mods (which are not supported here btw). Every single plugin which does anything with items does it by: Name / Lore / Data file / Any other way which lets plugin know what item is and where it is.

EDIT: And Please! Stop Capitalising Every Single Word In Sentence. It Is Unreadable. Thank You.

17. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Well, other plugins don't have ID's

18. JeromeASF are you not going to add a permission?!? people could spawn this in all the time.

19. Offline

JeromeASF

I HAve Never Thought Of That Thank You For The Feed Back

All I Really Need Is New Items Added In The Game. If That Is Possible. Like I Mentioned I Know Nothing About Coding

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  20. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

JeromeASF Like said in the read me first: we can't add new items, we can recode behavior of existing items though.

21. Offline

daavko

JeromeASF It IS possible to do things when players do things. Like when they destroy a block of wood, if that block is inside a tree and player has certain item, tree will be chopped down. That IS possible. It is NOT possible to add custom IDs for items, but is IS possible to add a command which gives target player an item.
    And please please please please stop Capitalizing Every Single Word in sentence. It is way too hard to read. Thank you.