"Spawning" a building

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by mollekake, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to create a building by right clicking on the ground, basically. How would i go on to do this? I know i would have to use schematics(as far as i know at least). But i've never worked with those. Any tips or guidelines? All posts i find are old and outdated

2. Offline

jay275475

I would like to know this also

3. Offline

leimekiller

Schematics and worldedit api?

4. Offline

CubieX

desht created a nice helper class to save and load/paste schematics with WorldEdit easily.
    Look here.

5. Offline

Musaddict

I'm doing this in my Millenaire replica plugin CityScape. Essentially, you have to copy the schematics class, and one other class (can't fully remember, and Im not at my computer at the moment). You edit them to your liking, which it totally fine because of the liscense they're using, and then you assign your paste command (or right-click event in this case) to however you wish to place your building.

Sorry I can't be of much than that. I can provide more assistance once I'm at home, but until then I recommend looking at the WE forums for examples.

6. i see that WorldEdit is not updated for 1.6.1, and the dev builds out are unstable. is there an alternative to WorldEdit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.