Spawners

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DMac650, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Offline

DMac650

So, I am trying to get my server shop to sell different types of monster spawners. I am using the essentials shop and I can't seem to sell different types. Only pig spawners. I need a plugin to both let me sell different spawners and to be able to pick up spawners with a non silk touch pickaxe when a player has a certain permission node. Thanks.

2. Offline

Zarius

Is it that you can't sell the different types or that they change to a pig spawner when you place them? This is a common issue that the item the player receives has the correct data (eg. skeleton spawner) but resets to a standard pig spawner when placed on the ground. You'll need a plugin that can identify the item you've bought via the Essentials shop before you place it. OtherDrops can do this if you hold the item in your hand and type "/od id" it'll tell the block and data information.

Perhaps try SilkSpawners? I believe it can correctly place the spawner.

OtherDrops can also be used in conjunction with Essentials to set the spawner to the correct value when placed - it's a bit trickier to set up though, msg me if you need to use this method.

3. Offline

DMac650

Zarius I would like to use OtherDrops but I don't understand how to configure it to drop spawners. If you could help me that would be great!

4. Offline

Zarius

An example would be:

PHP:
    # this section sets it up so when you right click on "any block"
    # whilst holding a "mobspawner@51" (skeleton spawner)
    # it'll run the Essentials command to change the spawner to
    # the correct type.  The "delay 1" is required because you need
    # to give the spawner time to be placed.

ANY_BLOCK:
        - 
    actionRIGHT_CLICK
          tool
    MOB_SPAWNER@SKELETON
          commands
    : /!*spawner skeleton
          delay
          permissions
    place

actionRIGHT_CLICK
          tool
    MOB_SPAWNER@ZOMBIE
          commands
    : /!*spawner zombie
          delay
          permissions
    place
    #  - etc....

# this section allows broken mobspawners to drop the correct type

MOBSPAWNER:
        - 
    dropMOBSPAWNER@THIS
    edit: you should be able to use MOB_SPAWNER@SKELETON rather than the id (51).

5. Offline

DMac650

Zarius How do I hold a skeleton spawner then. I used your example but it still puts down a pig. Is it because I am already holding a pig spawner?

6. Offline

Zarius

Possibly, yes. Try the command /odd mobspawner@51 that should give you a skeleton spawner ( well drop it where you're looking).

Make sure you using a recent beta version as the odd command is not in OtherDrops 2.7.1.

7. Offline

DMac650

Zarius Hey, I am trying out Silk Spawners and it works great. However, there is one problem. The spawner name in yellow only appears after you place the block and then pick it back up. Could it be another plugin interfering?

8. Offline

Zarius

Haven't actually used SilkSpawners myself (just know of it and a general idea of what it does) - you might need to check with them on their BukkitDev project page.