Something like Register/Vault but for permission plugins?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Taco, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Taco

Is there such a thing out there? I don't like coding plugins that deal with groups and whatnot because you have to code against a specific plugin, rather than something that can translate to a whole array of plugins.

Edit: I'm looking for something that serves as a medium between permissions plugins, so that one can easily promote/demote players, make changes to groups, etc. all with one plugin so that one doesn't have to code against one specific plugin. The idea is similar to that of Vault, but with plugins such as PermissionsEX, GroupManager, bPermissions, etc.

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Vault is for permissions too.
    Or just use the Bukkit system with p.hasPermission("SomeNode")

3. Offline

Orcem12

Is the Bukkit override for permissions really support modern permissions systems?! If so, man I could have saved so much time.

4. Offline

Taco

I'm not looking to check nodes, I'm looking for something that supports permissions systems that use groups to give specific, per-player permissions so that the plugin can deal with assigning players to groups, adjusting groups, and things of that nature. However, I was not aware Vault did anything with permissions, so I will look into that. I'll make the OP a bit more specific as to what I'm looking for, for the sake of anyone reading this thread.

Edit: Well, I'll be darned. Vault appears to be what I'm looking for. Thank you for telling me, I feel rather stupid now.

5. Offline

Lolmewn

I only use the Bukkit system, and when people tell me they are having problems it's either a wrong node, incorrent yml format or outdated permissions plugin. :)

6. Offline

Sleaker

It's actually the reverse that happens, all permissions systems now support Bukkit's built-in methods (or try to, to some degree).

7. pex is a plugin that has most throuble implementing the bukkit permissions, ecluding the abbenned yeti permissions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.