Someone who isn't OP is able to get free items with a hacked client on a bukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by shoopadoowop, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

shoopadoowop

I host a minecraft bukkit server for me and my friends. My friend isn't OP and doesn't have creative gamemode on, but somehow he was cheating items into his inventory. I asked him how he was cheating and he said that he modded his minecraft so that single player commands works on multiplayer. I understand that this could be a very large problem. I'm using craftbukkit, but don't know what version it is. It's a minecraft 1.8 server with the mods Essentials, WorldEdit, and ControllerBlock. I suggest, bukkit team, that you look into this right away, because if other people can do this, then it could lead to very bad griefing.

Is there is anyway I can prevent my friend from using SPC on my server when I don`t want him to?

2. Offline

Evenprime

Review your permissions settings.

You likely gave him the permission to use the command /give, /i, /item or similar. No amount of client modding allows you to simply spawn items without the server - or a plugin on the server - granting you access to commands to do so first.

3. Offline

shoopadoowop

He TOLD me that he was using SPC. When I asked him how he was getting items he replyed saying something like. "I use a certain version of Single Player Commands so that I can code myself stuff."

EDIT:
    I just checked my permissions folder, and there was nothing giving him permission.

4. Offline

ArcheCane

Still, mods have to go through /i or /give to get items spawned. And why can't you tell him to stop? :p

5. Offline

saul100

Add some no-cheating plugins, to prevent these, NoCheat, and CFBanner. It's possible he is using CJB Mods, so add CFBanner and NoCheat.

6. Offline

shoopadoowop

Yeah I know you have to get items through /i or /give but somehow he's getting items. I can even see it in the console. It'll say that he typed a certain command but it doesn't say Giving [hisname] 10 64. I did ask him to stop but he won't. He also said that he has visited other servers and has cheated.

NoCheat? never heard of it. I'll look into it.

Another thing I should have mentioned is that I saw my friend (through the console) type in /ascend, after he fell off a mountain. In SPC the /ascend command brings you to the platform above you, and he went to the top of the mountain. So I think he really was using SPC and not CJB.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  7. Offline

mindless728

8. Offline

shoopadoowop

I don't want to ban him, because he's my friend. I want him to be able to play, just not cheat.
    Plus that's not the point. If other people are using the same thing as he is, then it could it could be a large problem.

9. Offline

saul100

Theres a combination of AntiCheating plugins, but they can eat away at your RAM.
    NoCheat+CFBanner+AntiXRay.
    And check your permissions.

10. Offline

shoopadoowop

Yeah, I know about the anti cheat plugins, and I just set up NoCheat. BUT, what this topic is all about, is not just me trying to solve this guy cheating but what I'm trying to do is warn the bukkit team that there may be a different type of client hack out there. I know that I may sound like one of those noobs out there that knows nothing about bukkit but that's not what I'm like. I know about the permissions, and am now aware of the anti cheat plugins, but I'm just saying that there may be a different type of client hack out there that's becoming gradually more popular. This could be potentially a bigger problem then it seems. I actually asked the maker of SPC about this first, and he said to warn the bukkit team.

11. Talk to your friend, so that he gives the hacks to you. Then show us how they work and we can try to stop them. ;)

12. Offline

shoopadoowop

OK, I really like that idea. I will try to get the hacks from him.

13. Offline

BCTsurvival

hacked client,
    try to find a anti-hack plugin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.