Some strange behaviour.. read on

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Darq, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Darq

Hey all.

Now, I haven't read too much into this issue, partly because I haven't heard too much about it happening to other people. So I'm just going to spit out what I can about it.

The issue: Chunks are rolling themselves back on our world. People will be building, and come back to see that all they had done in the last hour or hours has been completely reverted. We have not been able to track down any sort of pattern in what's causing it. The world isn't run on a RAMDisk, just a regular HDD. There aren't any reboots between the time that people have built something and the time it gets reverted, we have absolutely no clue what's causing it. The chunk isn't being rolled back completely.. just the edits that have been made in it over a certain period of time, which we have not even determined.

One of the things I can think of that could be causing this, is that LogBlock has gained a mind of it's own, and is rolling back random places ;3

I've also been the only that has been able to roll back with LogBlock, until recently. Though this was occuring when it was just me. I was always very careful with how roll backs were performed.

Some details:
    World size is 16000x16000 blocks, not sure if this is relevant.
    There's a constant 50-60 people on the server Mid-day, when this seems to happen, and 15-30 at night.
    Java 7u1 x64
    CentOS 6.0 x64
    Been happening since CB 1597, possibly earlier, up to 1744 which I'm on right now.
    Plugins: http://pastie.org/3227172

So I guess that's all I have to offer on the problem. I'm not sure if anyone else has had anything similar happening to their server.

2. Offline

Pezmantbh

Can we have a list of your plugins, and bukkit build? :)

3. Offline

Darq

Check the OP :)

4. Offline

Pezmantbh

Sorry, I completely missed that. So if your general belief is that LogBlock has somehow spawned a brain and now has a mind of its own - Remove it for a while. It may give you a sad face, but it could also fix your problem :D

If not, let us know and we shall continue troubleshooting :)

5. Offline

saul100

If LogBlock is being your problem, try out HawkEye for a bit (until Guardian comes out).
    It's better than having a problem with LogBlock/no plugin at all :)

6. Offline

Darq

With how many people people I usually have on, which often at least a few of them are grievers, can't take LogBlock off for even an hour, I also have a lot of stat scripts written in PHP for the site, don't want to mess up my stat tracking. :p

I've tried out HawkEye, the last time I did (I believe it was since their last update on December 15th) a few important (to me) features were not working, such as sign text logging.

~~~

Anyway. I'll wait a bit longer. Might make it so no-one, not even me, can rollback anything, just to see if maybe I was doing it my sleep. :3

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.