some questions on adding new craftable items

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by undeadmach1ne, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

undeadmach1ne

im not sure if i should be posting this here or in 'plugin development', sorry if this is the wrong place to ask these questions. 'plugin development' seems more specific and these are very general questions so i thought this would be a better place to ask.

i am setting up an rpg server. i would like to add more equipment (like armors and weapons: studded leather, banded/splint/plate mail, daggers, maces, pole-arms etc) for my players to craft and find.

what is the easiest way to do this for a bukkit server? can an item i make/add be seen by other plugins? like if i make a mage staff, could i use it as the 'wand item' in a magic spells plugin that requires an item in hand to right click and cast the spells? or sell them in shops/npc traders?

if anyone could show me what steps to take to get started on this i would build a monument to you on my server and force players to make offerings to it on a daily basis =)

thanks

2. Offline

Phinary

You cant do this without everyone having a client mod, and if thats okay you would need a pretty good knowledge of java to be able to do this...

3. Offline

undeadmach1ne

client mod is not an issue. this is just for a few friends of mine to play on. i found some tutorials on adding items using mcp, but im still not sure how to make them bukkit compatible, and couldnt find answers to my other questions regarding other plugins being able to see/use my magic wand and stuff.

4. Offline

jtlcr777

Pretty sure you need ItemCraft for that much modding for Bukkit.

5. Offline

undeadmach1ne

thanks i was actually looking at that last night =) i should have checked here first lol. so any idea if other plugins will be able to see my items? like magic wand for magic plugins, or if i made a special pair of boots for the sole purpose of assigning to the sprint or rocketboots plugins?

6. Offline

jtlcr777

Sorry I don't know, you are better off asking a plugin dev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.