Some questions, Location and Persistence

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Sorrow, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sorrow

Hello, everyone.
    I'm a newbie Bukkit plugin dev.
    I tried to find informations about Bukkit API in the Javadoc which is great, but it actually doesn't helped me so much and the tutorials I've found have a too practice approach that doesn't let me understand the real functionality of some classes and methods, so I'm trying to understand them by myself.
    There are some questions I want to ask you and I would be very happy if you could give me an answer to each of them! :D

1. How did you understood the Bukkit API? Is there somewhere a guide which explains each class, method and property with their use?
    2. How did you learn the Bukkit API?
    3. What is the Location class? What is that for? Is this class useful to make a region of space?
    4. I'm facing now with persistence in plugins; I'm coming from PHP developing where the best way to add persistence is a database, mainly MySQL. Which is in Bukkit the best way to add persistence to plugins? Does it needs a sort of caching in memory to reduce the operations and speed up the plugin?

Thanks you in advance for your patience and kindness! :D
    Sorry if I made grammar mistakes, that's because English isn't my mother language.

2. Offline

Blackside921

Well, the best approach is just looking up the classes in the javadoc.( http://jd.bukkit.org/apidocs/ ) and trying
    some things out.
    The Loaction class is just a point in the World. It is used for example at the Player.teleport Method.
    In the Resources section on the forums are a lot tutorials about MySql and Persistence.
    Another approach would be to store the data in configurations.(Also alot of tutorials in the Resources section)
    Just search a bit and start with some easy Plugins.

3. Offline

Sorrow

Thanks a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.