[Solved] Vps

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by spookyDHD, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

spookyDHD

which is betterva VPS or a standard server. What i can do more?

2. Offline

Adriani6

By Standard do you mean dedicated ? If so, then dedicated.

3. Offline

spookyDHD

4. Offline

Adriani6

Ah. I would go for VPS in that case. Minecraft specific servers are pretty bad. They share resources with another 200 servers. VPS could work a bit the same, depending on your provider, but you get full/root access to your server, and it general, it's just better. Look around forum, there's plenty of those threads.

5. Offline

spookyDHD

ok, thx!

6. Offline

Ivan

Note that when using a VPS, you'll be running a seperate OS which takes resources up too. Technically this should give shared servers a better performance.

7. Offline

Syd

If you want to stick with this provider I would rather recommend the "standard server".
    The VPS have a (pretty low) traffic limit and not that much RAM. And for the price of the biggest package you get, at least in germany, a dedicated server with enought power to host several 100 slots...

Also, when you go for anything other than a gameserver (-> no root access) you need to be able to operate a Linux server properly.

8. Offline

spookyDHD

Do you have a good vps host???

9. Offline

Clinton

Get a VPS if you want SSH access and the ability to modify things yourself. Get shared hosting otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.