[Solved] Installing 'BKCommonLib' for 'NoLagg' ._. how do I do it?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Priitney, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Priitney

Hi, I want to install NoLagg and it requires BKCommonLib. However I have a problem with making the BKCommonLib to work... first off, I'm a newbie server owner and so far I've installed most plugins simply by dropping them into /plugins/ folder. Obviously that's nothing complicated, and anyone does it all the time.

I have googled plenty today about installing BKCommonLib/NoLagg and never found any clear instructions that would teach me how to do it, I only found a guy posting his log which contains similar errors that I am receiving and he never got replied.

The instructions given on that page
    (I simply don't get it)
    Show Spoiler

To start using BKCommonLib, you have two options (after adding BKCommonLib as dependency in the plugin.yml):
    Include the jar file as a dependency

Like any dependency, keep the jar file somewhere on your computer and add it to your classpath. Nothing special here.
    Make a (new) maven project and include it

Add the following repository:
    <repository>
    <id>dj-tcraft repository</id>
    <url>http://ci.dj-tcraft.nl/plugin/repository/everything/</url>
    </repository>
    And the following dependency:
    <dependency>
    <groupId>com.bergerkiller.bukkit</groupId>
    <artifactId>BKCommonLib</artifactId>
    <version>1.51-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

1. How do I add BKCommonLib as dependency in the plugin.yml? I can't even find such a file.
    2. Add it to your classpath?
    3. Maven project? :/

I hope that you are not surprised :D

With all respect, could someone Please explain it in the noob language so I can get it to work?

Thank you.

2. Offline

themadman300

That guide is for plugin developers. You just need to download the jar.

DrAgonmoray likes this.
  3. Offline

Priitney

I downloaded the jar from that link which was for 1.5.1, I just added it to /plugins/ and it gave me erros. Then I found people saying in the comments that it works with 1.5.2 when you download a development build... so I went to http://ci.dj-tcraft.nl/job/BKCommonLib/lastBuild/ and downloaded BKCommonLib-1.52-SNAPSHOT.jar.

I hope I did it right, at least it worked by just adding it to plugins folder and the NoLagg plugin works too now. Thought it's worth replying with this info when another noobcake like myself should struggle with getting it to work :D

Please don't flame me for saying this but: I think the author should really add the simple info how to get it to work for 1.5.2 to his plugin introduction (for regular users/players), without all the unnecessary "noise info" which is meant for developers.

emeryradio and DrAgonmoray like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.