Plugin Help [solved] bpermissions not main permissions?

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by cederhr, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cederhr

I am running a server with bpermissions installed. For some reason, it does not appear to be the main permissions for my server. I currently am running the following plugins: bpermissions, griefprevention, treeassist, worldedit, and essentials.

The users file for bpermissions can be found here: http://pastie.org/9798059
    The groups file for bpermissions can be found here: http://pastie.org/9798061

For some reason, it just appears like bukkit is ignoring bpermissions altogether. The most recent stop and restart of the server gave the following: http://pastie.org/9798115

When anyone tries (including the listed admins) to perform a command such as the /spawn command, it tells you that you do not have permission to use that command. Despite the specific permissions node for spawn being included.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Invisible

nverdier

@cederhr Why do you think bukkit is "ignoring" bpermissions? In your groups file you need to remove the "Users" that is right after groups. Always run your YML's through a parser before posting here. Here is a good one. Also, use PermissionsEx :p

3. Offline

cederhr

I have these set up yet none of the permissions are actually applying. There should be two levels: users and admin. Up until I removed the admin's names from the "Ops.json" file, the ops were the only one allowed to do anything.

4. Invisible

nverdier

Your YML syntax is incorrect. Put it through a parser! Also, I probably won't see your posts unless you Tahg or quote me.

5. Offline

cederhr

I am running it through a parser as we speak.

6. Invisible

nverdier

And you see the error?

7. Offline

cederhr

It says that the error was the colons, but I followed a guide that used colons... Anyway, I am removing the colons and trying to run it again.

8. Invisible

nverdier

No don't do that.. Your syntax is incorrect. Read what the error is. The error is this. Remove the default: User

9. Offline

cederhr

@nverdier I am downloading permissionsex as you recommended. I still do not see which part was the error, perhaps a different permissions manager will be simpler to use.

@nverdier I have installed permissionsex via my multicraft panel. However, it failed to actually create a folder or config file/ permissions file when I restarted the server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  10. Invisible

nverdier

Any error message?

11. Offline

cederhr

12. Invisible

nverdier

You're permissions.yml in the main server directory has something in it. Remove everything in it, as having anything in it will cause PEX to fail to load.

13. Offline

cederhr

Okay, deleting the file and re-installing

14. Invisible

nverdier

Remember, tahg me or quote me so I see your message!

15. Offline

cederhr

No luck, I just got done trying all that and still the same error comes up. There isn't even anything in the permissions.yml on the server file.

16. Invisible

nverdier

Please post permissions.yml, the error, and the PEX permissions file.

17. Offline

cederhr

There is no PEX permissions file because I cannot get the .jar file to read on the server. It won't fully install. My permissions.yml on the server is entirely blank. The only thing I have is the PermissionsEx.jar file in my plugins folder. It won't go through. It just keeps showing me the same error in the console that I showed above: http://pastebin.com/SQXdW3Hh

18. Invisible

nverdier

@cederhr So the permissions.yml "isn't a valid yml". Delete the file completely and re-run the server.

19. Offline

cederhr

20. Invisible

nverdier

Remember, if you want someone to see your post then Tahg or quote them! But please post the entire error log!

21. Offline

cederhr

Sorry, I'm really bad at remembering to do that. http://pastebin.com/CSBvhutA

22. Invisible

nverdier

Which version of spigot/bukkit are you using?

23. Offline

cederhr

craftbukkit.v1_7_R3 (1.7.9)

Specifically I'm using beta release 3092; it was the latest one I could find after the shut down.

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged posts. Please don't double post. There is an Edit Button right next to the Date.>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  24. Invisible

nverdier

@cederhr Clear the WEPIF file as well.

25. Offline

cederhr

26. Invisible

nverdier

27. Offline

cederhr

@nverdier I figured it out. I found a forum post that said the problem was my release of PEX. 1.23 does not match up with CB 1.7.9... I have the new permissions.yml and config.yml in a PEX folder.

28. Invisible

nverdier

Ok glad you solved it :D. Please mark the post as solved now xD

29. Offline

cederhr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.