So I'm making a No Game No Life RP server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Takehiko, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Takehiko

It's been fun so far. Originally it was just a minecraft server, no mods, just a cool little resource pack and mc patcher, mostly because we weren't about to downgrade to 1.7.2 for mods. I started taking the folders from my download folder and putting them into a server folder in .minecraft. Crashed the world. We lost all of our progress. Sad memorial minute later, we're working on a Bukkit server.
    Ironically, we're running a 1.7.2 because updating plugins or mods to 1.7.9 is difficult or something? I have no idea.

Working on;

Battlekits to get chosen "race," because any race type mod isn't up to 1.7.2 or just too complicated/PvP oriented. I plan on having something along the lines of Warbeasts with a leather cap & pants for ears & tail, Flugel wings that turn on autofly or something along those lines; maybe books or bookshelves too, Elf ears, enchantment table for imanity.

Rank in server would correlate to character in main line; me and my partner are Sora & Shiro.

DakadoHealth for potential health on race pick for something like warbeasts

Firstjoinplus running a book on first time spawn giving the 10 Oaths

Armor Hider because I think armor breaks lore in a situation like this, but I'll probably end up getting rid of it for the warbeasts idea.

Craftbook. This thing scares me with all the crap it has, and I don't know what any of it besides the ICs do, and even then I have limited knowledge. Some of it's probably self explanatory, but there's no real explanation on most of them, so I just have all of them turned on. Maybe I'll find something as a surprise. :)

Checkers plugin. So far the only minigame I've found suitable. Eventually I'll try to find things like chess, and cardgames. I saw a blackjack minigame but it's vs dealer. Not too interested.

Woodcutter, World Edit, and World Guard. Woodcutter was self explanatory, world edit isn't too complicated, but I'm lost on World Guard. I'll probably find a /help for it.

By the time the original server was destroyed, we were maybe 25% done working on Tet's giant King piece castle. Going off and on with the idea of glass and stained clay. Real tough stuff interchanging colors on a chess piece and keeping it perfect, we started getting headaches just looking at it so we got rid of the clay and just kept it at glass. Great stuff.

[​IMG]
    Old spire basement in original server, we decided to do a checkerboard carpet with purple and black. We haven't started building in the new server yet, and my partner's going off to California for the summer. I might get some help from a friend who knows his way around javascript and bukkit servers.

TL;DR Bukkit's great, only downside is that some amazing plugins aren't being updated anymore. I look forward to working on my new server & meeting fellow fans of this amazing anime.

2. Offline

ghostlyRobber

Ahhh what a great find!
    If you dont mind my asking how its all coming along?

3. Offline

Takehiko

Unfortunately, it isn't. Need more hype to get into it. I was basing a lot of it off the series that aired, once they announce the second I might just get back into it. We lost the server again in another mishap with some folder moving but we hadn't built anything so it was fine. Depending on the update, how interesting the mods are compared to the plugins, how much effort the modding community's been able to put in, and whether or not the bukkit plugin community put in more or not are also variables I'll be thinking about if it does get announced, as well as what time of year it is.

4. Offline

ghostlyRobber

Damn and well shoot that's a shame i'm sorry to hear that happened tho it is good you guys didn't lose much.
    As for the plugin stuff yea they cool ones hardly update and its always hard to find ones that work for what you want especially for obscure stuff since not many people get into them so they stop updating them i wish ya luck and hopefully ill be done with classes and have more free time before you really get this server going since id like to help out some. Sadly I cant code so I wouldn't be able to help with plugins and mods but id gladly learn how to make custom resource packs and work together to make a Disboard resource pack because lets be honest it would be pretty rad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.