Slowing the ender dragon down,

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Monkeyboystein, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Monkeyboystein

Hey im trying to slow down the ender dragon for a plugin like dragon escape, but i cant figure it out,
    velocity does not affect it or its complex parts, and neither does a potion, i've tied repeatedly changing the dragons velocity to a few lower then it normally would be but it seems it doesn't affect him,
    anyone know how to do this?

2. Offline

JBoss925

Have the enderdragon as a passenger on another entity like a firework and set that velocity and stuff.

3. Offline

Monkeyboystein

Thats not a bad idea, ill try that, thank you,

Nope, anyone else have an idea? I tried the setting the velocity of a vehicle, but i need to dragon to follow hisnormal paths, just slower,

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  4. Offline

MisterErwin

Monkeyboystein: You could try to modify his NMS code and handle the entity move only every 2nd or 3rd tick.

5. Offline

Monkeyboystein

Can you give me a code example, im not very familiar with NMS code,

Thanks for your reply

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  6. Offline

MisterErwin

Monkeyboystein Well - You have to make a Custom Entity: CLICK (extend from EntityEnderDragon [I think])

The dirtiest way is to just @Override the "public void h()" method, and call only every 2nd time the super.h() method :)

7. Offline

Monkeyboystein

Sorry to do this, im no very friendly with that way, and id love to learn how to do it that way, so sorry for some noob questions, I dont see public void h() method here: CLICK but i do see e which looks like it could handle movment, and i also dont know how to make it just call super.[what ever the name is because i havent figured it out]() every 2 ticks,

8. Offline

MisterErwin

Monkeyboystein: The class Entity has the public void h() method - And since the Enderdragon extendsEntityInsentient, and EntityInsentient also extends Entity, it also has the method.

But if I see it correctly, publicvoide() is the method thas moves the dragon - So you could block that every xnd time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.