Slimes spawn only underground and squids spawn less often

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Chuck67322, Feb 17, 2013.

  1. Offline


    Plugin category: Admin

    Suggested name: NoAnnoyingMobs

    What I want: Basically, for the plugin, I want slimes to spawn only underground, not above Y: 60 (or whatever the threshold is) or in swamps. I'd also like for squids to have a much lower spawn rate. I don't know how low the chance should be, but make it whatever seems reasonable to you. Also, if possible, I'd like the squids to only spawn in large bodies of water (maybe 20+ blocks) so it actually makes sense.

    Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin; perhaps a config file to choose what you want to be enable or change the spawn rate...

    Ideas for permissions: None.

    When I'd like it by: Whenever possible.
  2. Offline


    You could try the latest version of OtherDrops (2.8-beta3) - I've just added spawn control, an example:

        - action: MOB_SPAWN
          height: ">60"
          drop: NOTHING  # override drop if above 60 y level
        - action: MOB_SPAWN
          biome: SWAMP
          drop: NOTHING  # override drop if in a swap
        - action: MOB_SPAWN
          drop: SQUID/1/40%  # 40% chance of 1 squid (note: the other 60% will spawn nothing)
    (not sure about the "large bodies of water" condition - that will probably require a specialised plugin).
  3. Offline


    Thanks, I'll try it out and see if it's sufficient
    Edit: Yeah, it works pretty well. Thanks a lot.

Share This Page