Sleeping Announcements

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by JTR1988, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Offline

JTR1988

Can anyone make an announcement when a player goes to bed, such as "(player name) has gone to sleep," that publicly is displayed to everyone? So, I will know who to kill the next morning when everyone is asleep except them.

2. Offline

michael05242002

Yes! My server has the same problem!
    Some people don't want to sleep or not cooperate and waste the others' time.

I wish a plugin about sleeping have 3 features:
    1.A message to everyone :"<player> has gone to sleep"
    2.A command to list the sleeping(or non-sleeping) players
    3.vote whether they should sleep automatically during sunset.
    some people want to hunt mobs so they do not want to sleep.
    If (over half/at least one) players don't want to sleep, then message all players "we don't sleep tonight!"

3. Offline

sgtbigman

worked on this some yesterday, I will take in to consideration both your requests. I'll let you know when I am finished...so far I have it announce when a player sleeps. I'll work on it more tonight after work and I'll keep you both updated. Thanks.

4. Offline

JTR1988

Thanks for taking it into consideration. For now it seems like a simple plugin, and maybe somewhat easy to work on, but maybe after some time, it could be expanded on like Michael said. It would be cool to have it so players could sleep during the day and wake up at night. I don't know why they would want to, but would be cool.

Oh, and if you could release the simple version for now, that just announces when a player is asleep, I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  5. Offline

michael05242002

It is great! Thank you, sgtbigman.

6. Offline

sgtbigman

SleepAnnounceThread

Submitted it.
    Let me know what you think! Your feedback is how I can make it better! :D

7. Offline

JTR1988

Awesome man! Thanks, I'll check it out asap.

Works very nicely. The "/sleeping" command is very helpful, especially on a server with a lot of people. If possible, maybe you could make the "/sleeping" command just bring up a list of all players currently online and have it so the players asleep are a certain color, like gray, and the players awake are white. You could probably come up with a better color scheme, just an idea. Although, some may like the one you have, that displays the players Sleeping: and players Awake: separately, so maybe have an option to pick which format you want in a config? Just an idea to expand on what is an awesome plugin to begin with. Great job man!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016