Skillz

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ozm8, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Offline

ozm8

Suggested name: Skillz

What I want: Ok what i want is a simple skill system with lots of permissions for example i want skills like run2x faster jump 3x higher walk on water if possible take 2x less damage do 2x less damage run 2x slower and lots of things like that, as many as possible

Ideas for commands: No commands just permissions

Ideas for permissions: any

When I'd like it by: Yesterday.

2. Offline

MayoDwarf

How do they earn the skills?

3. Offline

ozm8

just by staying online like each group/class has certain skills and for example warrior would have do 2x more damge but would run slower a thief would run 2x faster and jump but would do 2x less damage

4. Offline

AndyMcB1

Not with the very little detail provided.

5. Offline

MayoDwarf

I have no idea. You will have to provide more info for us. Thanks. - Jared

6. Offline

ozm8

Alrite sorry I find this hard to explain if you have played games like skyrim you should understand, this is what i want I want skills and permissions for each skill so i could set like default group to have just take less damage, have lets say warrior to do more damage on other players/mobs and lets say i have a Mage group I want them to be able to have all the skills.
    So pretty much I just want skills with permissions for every skill so i can put them in what groups i want to have the skill

7. Offline

Chaositic

Is it possible you're talking about a plugin like this Permission Skills but updated to 1.6.2?

ozm8 likes this.
  8. Offline

ozm8

yes yes exactly something like that and yeah for 1.6.2

9. Offline

Chaositic

In that case I'm going to link you to a few Skills related plugins and you'll have to read through them to see if any of them match your request. I'll also give some basic info on each. That being said, I've done all the searching I can and have only come up with substitutes.

MagicSpells <- A lot of things are possible with this plugin including a mana system, an item cost system, commands can be casted, and using items as a casting wand. It also comes with pre-made spells for you to test out, copy, modify as you need.

Skript <- This plugin will let you make any permission based skill you want but you need to learn the language from the documentation provided to get started in that direction. I'd recommend this as a last resort but placing it here just in case it intrigues you. A good example of spells in skript is located here.

MagicWands <- Small amount of spells included but you could add it to a potential collection of abilities that you don't need to fill in with other plugins. It's something to think about.

EnchantmentPack <- Now for something completely different. This a plugin filled with custom enchants basically provide customizable abilities such as the Dash attack that activates after right clicking with a sword. In case you want to see it in action, you can look at a video found here and you can set a permission node for every enchant. You could even set up a system where it auto enchants the item a player wants enchanted rather than them having to use an enchanting table. However that system is something you make on your own.

Overall, after searching up multiple terms, your best bet is to combine these plugins together or to ask that someone develops a plugin very similar to Permission Skills and hope that it gets made.

I hope this post helps you out and if you have any questions, feel free to tahg me.