Simple Velocity Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by LawnMeower, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LawnMeower

Minecraft version: 1.12?

Suggested name: Velocity

What I want: A plugin that can add velocity to players from command blocks, console, or other players. And has support for @p and such, like @a[r=50,name=!Bob]

Ideas for commands: /velocity x y z player

Ideas for permissions: velocity.use

When I'd like it by: A week?

2. Offline

MightyOne

isnt it working with something like /tp @p ~ ~1 ~ {Motion:[0.0,0.0,0.0]}? Did not try it out

3. Offline

LawnMeower

Nupe, just tried it to be sure. Don't think there is a way to do this in vanilla reliably.

4. Offline

LawnMeower

5. Offline

Dai_Kunai

There's no way this will take a week, unless something goes wrong. I'm willing to try! :D

Okay. I'm finished. I'm not sure how I can send you the Jar File though, other than Mediafire, which is apparently not allowed?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
  6. Offline

LawnMeower

Thank You!

7. Offline

Dai_Kunai

Oh NO! I'm sorry. I just realized that I forgot about the vanilla-like tags, and the @a,@p,@r. I can certainly do @a, @p, @r, but I'm not sure how I can make it work just like vanilla, especially since I would have to recode all of the different things, like r for radius, and all of that. But let me add in @a,@p,@r, and please tell me how I can send this to you. Bye :D

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

9. Offline

Dai_Kunai

I think Dropbox is a good idea. Thanks, @timtower.

10. Offline

LawnMeower

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

11. Offline

Dai_Kunai

12. Offline

LawnMeower

This is great! Just a few things, it doesn't seem to work in command blocks or console, and @p doesn't seem to work. Other than that, if there's a good way to make a separate command that has no debug, just does it without notifying the target, that would be awesome.

Edit: Just thought it would be cool to add velocity in a player's facing direction, so like /relvelocity (x) (y) for a future version maybe? Just wondering, are you planning on posting this on bukkit? I think it would be a good idea, seeing as how there's nothing like it rn.

13. Offline

Dai_Kunai

I think I can fix the command blocks, and @p.We'll see though. As for posting it on Bukkit, I wasn't planning on it but I totally could. What do you mean by the Relative Velocity?

EDIT: Do you mean /relvelocity <x> <y> where x is the direction they are facing and y is the vertical?

14. Offline

LawnMeower

yep, that's exactly what I mean

15. Offline

Dai_Kunai

Alright, I've added @p functionality. All I have to do is add Command Block functionality. Very easily doable but a little bit slow, but I'll get it done. :D

EDIT: When @p goes to the closest player, would that include yourself (assuming you're a player running the command).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  16. Offline

LawnMeower

ok, cool. Thats what I wanted it for, so I can have universal powertools and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.