Simple Teams Thing

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by blm456, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

blm456

Plugin category: Misc.

Suggested name: TeamSorter

What I want: I'd like a plugin that will sort players into "teams" and execute a command, or list of commands, as the player (or on console if it has a %player% variable) depending on what team they are in. This is going to be used in a server event, so I don't need who's on what team stored in configs. I'd like the command(s) executed to be able to be defined in a YAML if possible, such as:
    Code:
    team-commands:
        1:
            - command one
        2:
            - command two
    where each number is a new team.

Ideas for commands: /sort - Sorts all players without permission below into teams

Ideas for permissions: TeamSorter.ignore - Ignores this player and doesn't sort them

When I'd like it by: Whenever you can :D

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  2. Offline

Scimiguy

What's being sorted?
    It seems like you didn't really explain what you actually want from this

3. Offline

blm456

Wow... I feel like a dumb ass... sorry. I wanted players to be sorted into "teams" and then execute commands defined in the config. 1 YAML section per "team". I really hope that makes sense.

@Scimiguy I also updated the main post

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  4. Offline

Scimiguy

You're not defining what the teams are meant to be either.

We can put a bunch of players in two different groups, but that won't do anything unless you're using them for something

5. Offline

blm456

@Scimiguy I have something else I'm using after they run commands. I'm using the plugin MagicSpells to make an event. So I just need each team to cast one one the commands, such as:
    Code:
    teams:
        red:
            -  "cast join_team_red"
        blue:
            -  "cast join_team_blue"

6. Offline

blm456

bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.