Simple Stats

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by TerraPlay, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Offline

TerraPlay

Hello,

could somebody create a plugin that writes a new file for every player with some stats in it? Would be nice if there could be like blocks placed, blocks destroyed, deaths, total playtime, last seen, online-status. For all those clever boys and girls: I don't want a plugin that writes these stats into a database, i need the flatfiles.

Thanks in advance :>!

2. Offline

Valrix

When I'm not busy today I can rewrite a bit of my Netstats plugin to get rid of the database and monitoring to make it purely flatfile-based for you.

3. Offline

TerraPlay

That would be so epic, because the database connection isn't working for me with Netstats! I would really appreciate that :3

4. Offline

Valrix

Yeah, I saw your post. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, but I'll make a new plugin that only uses flatfiles. I'm also going to see how well I can get PHP to play with reading flatfiles to see if that would be a better way of managing data overall so we won't have to use a database at all which will cut down on usage A LOT as well as hopefully providing more accurate data.

5. Offline

TerraPlay

I could write you a PHP script that extract the stats out of a flatfile, no problem. I can even do this with whole homepages, so tell me if you want me to help you with this.

6. Offline

Machete.Panda

7. Offline

Valrix

Sure, if you want to write a PHP script to pull data from a properties-style flatfile then I can do the plugin part of it.

8. Offline

Direct1221

I look forward to this!

9. Offline

TerraPlay

What a honor :>
    Just PM me if you can tell me how the flatfiles will look like. Then i'll start working on the code ;)

10. Offline

Valrix

Seems like the forums won't let me create PMs for some reason...either way it'll look like this:

Code:
    #Minecraft Properties File
    #Sat Mar 05 13:56:50 PST 2011
    total=0
    broken=0
    placed=0
    enter=1299362150144
    deaths=0
    [MERGETIME="1299621767"][/MERGETIME]
    I'm also looking at a way to poll the server using jQuery so user data can be updated on the page in near-real-time. I say "near" because without a special server running to keep a constant watch for changes it won't be truly real-time, but be close.

11. Offline

TerraPlay

The web part of it is finished. That's what the default style looks like:
    http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/ec19ulrp/Unbenannt.png

Currently there's a style system, a language system and some other config stuff. And of course the extraction.

If somebody is interested in doing styles for us, just PM me, i'll sent you the default style and you can edit it! And if somebody is able to translate some things (not many) into another language, also PM me! Thanks in advance for your help and of course to Valrix who makes everything possible. :)

12. Offline

Phanku

Wow really?
    My 24/7 server has seen 3000+ different people on it.
    Imagine a flat file for each one. 3000+ files.
    Why would you want to do that to your self? Databases are the way to go.

13. Offline

TerraPlay

Of course I want it. No properties file is bigger than 1 kB. So the properties files would just need 3 MB of your whole space.

14. Offline

Shade

"blocks placed, blocks destroyed"

So long as these stats aren't used for other calculations, make sure the above are updated/written to the file when the person logs out. Otherwise you'll throttle these events.

15. Offline

TerraPlay

I'm not writing the plugin. Valrix is writing it. He also wrote NetStats so I think he knows that this is needed. :p