Simple request: Random tips/hints

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Oscarius, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Oscarius

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been posted before or if it's already a plugin.

I had an idea for a simple plugin that would on regular intervals broadcast a server-wide message saying a random sentence from a text file/database.

Ex:
    I have a handful of commands, plugins and other information I'd want users to be aware of, and a plugin like this would help a lot.

Thanks for reading!

2. Offline

Johannes

I'd like this as well. I remember for hmod there was a plugin that would read off tips from a file, but they were always in the same order when you logged on, so you'd almost never get through all of them. Just having one that randomly shows you a tip ever X minutes would be perfect.

3. Offline

Oscarius

Would anyone pick up this request? I would be forever grateful.

4. Offline

timy659

@Oscarius

I might try to make this! Then in the mean time, you come up with a name ;)

I just saw that this thread is very old :D

Are you still searching for such a plugin?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  5. Offline

chernobyl360

something like this would be extremely difficult to time out. the asnyc delayed messages would require ALOT of math and patience LOL.

6. Offline

timy659

I think I will manage :p I look at different plugins how the things are done that I dont know.

And, I am willing to take a lot of time for it since im a beginner, i have created one unuseful plugin allready :D